Project: Genealogical Societies
Our purpose is to have a foundation of resources for individuals who are interested in, or part of, any genealogical society (this also include historical societies and libraries).
- Develop an adaptable model that we can use to approach historical societies and libraries. (What sort of page(s) would they link to? A free-space page? Categories?)
- Reach out historical societies and libraries about linking to us.
- Help create free-space pages for societies/libraries if they are requested.
How to Join
- To establish an outreach program, with an outreach liaison, who coordinates and fields inquiries and interests by members of national societies.
- To have WikiTree volunteers who can visit their local branches and do face-to-face outreach.
United States, National & Continental Genealogical Societies
- National Society Daughters of American Colonists
- United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC)
- Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars
United States, State Genealogical Societies
- The Order of the First Families of Maryland, dedicated to those who founded and settled Maryland in the early Colonial days
- The Welcome Society of Pennsylvania, for descendants of those that came to the US with William Penn
Australia Genealogical Societies
- Society of Australian Genealogists (SAG)
- NT: Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory, Australia
- SA: Genealogy South Australia
- VIC: Genealogical Society of Victoria
- WA: Western Australian Genealogical Society
- More listed at member of Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations (AFFHO)
Surname Genealogical Societies
Current WikiTree Subcategories
This page was last modified 08:07, 24 November 2022. This page has been accessed 1,897 times.