Project: Genealogical Societies
Our purpose is to have a foundation of resources for individuals who are interested in, or part of, any genealogical society (this also include historical societies and libraries).
- Develop an adaptable model that we can use to approach historical societies and libraries. (What sort of page(s) would they link to? A free-space page? Categories?)
- Reach out historical societies and libraries about linking to us.
- Help create free-space pages for societies/libraries if they are requested.
How to Join
- To establish an outreach program, with an outreach liaison, who coordinates and fields inquiries and interests by members of national societies.
- To have WikiTree volunteers who can visit their local branches and do face-to-face outreach.
United States, National & Continental Genealogical Societies
- National Society Daughters of American Colonists
- United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC)
- Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars
United States, State Genealogical Societies
- The Order of the First Families of Maryland, dedicated to those who founded and settled Maryland in the early Colonial days
- The Welcome Society of Pennsylvania, for descendants of those that came to the US with William Penn
Australia Genealogical Societies
Surname Genealogical Societies
Current WikiTree Subcategories
This page was last modified 00:52, 23 July 2020. This page has been accessed 672 times.