Project: Global Community Outreach
Welcome to WikiTree's Global Community Outreach Project!
Our mandate is to recognize cultural differences and integrate them into the existing structure of WikiTree, and to encourage members to share information relevant to their cultural heritage and background. We will discuss strategies for reaching out to genealogists around the world, and ways for volunteers outside the United States to become more active in our global community.
If you are interested in WikiTree's efforts to assist non-English speakers, check out WikiTree's Language Project.
How to Join
If you would like to be involved in the Global Community Outreach project, please do the following:
- Add global_outreach to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask for the Global Community Outreach Project Member badge to be added your profile.
- Ask the Project Leader to have your name added to the Google mailing list for this project
- List your name below, along with a note about what you're currently working on for this project.
- Roland Arsenault - Canada (Acadia)
- Patrick Barnum - Leader, Latin American Roots Project
- Roger Bates - UK
- Erin Breen - Canadian focus
- Evan Snyman - South Africa & Rhodesia
- Guy Constantineau - From Canada (Quebec), Leader for the Quebecois Project. Share information about WT on Social medias. Would like to create a French Portal.
- Michelle Hartley - Czech Republic/Czech Roots Project Leader
- Martyn Grifhorst - Netherlands
- Nancy Lee Cousins - Wales
- Lena Svensson - Sweden, involved in running a facebook page in Swedish for those who have quetions about WikiTree.
- Helmut Jungschaffer - Czech Republic, Canada (Québec)
- Andreas Köhler - Germany
- Eowyn Langholf
- Lianne Lavoie - Canada (Manitoba)
- Michael Maranda - Coordinator, Italian Roots Project.
- Maria Maxwell - Leader/Co-Leader United Kingdom, Scotland, Wales, Scottish Clans, Irish Roots, New Zealand and India Projects plus Grosse Ile Quebec Project - The UK project also includes a sub project on Bermuda together with categories for the Commonwealth of Nations and British Overseas Territories and Dependancies - I live in Scotland.
- Tim Perry
- Jane (Richards) Bradbury - UK/Scotland
- Greg Slade - Canada, UK. Currently attempting to prepare lists of notables from different countries to add to the Relationship Finder Quick Links page.
- Margaret Wilkinson - UK, mainly England
- Bea Wijma - Netherlands We are working on a Dutch Portal for Dutch speaking, reading members
- Linda Barnett
- Joop van Belzen - the Netherlands. I am Project coordinator Nederlands Portaal/Dutch Portal. In collaboration with Bea and others I created and maintenance helppages in Dutch how to work in WikiTree and find your way in Dutch archives. Also I translate official WikiTree helppages to Dutch.
- WikiTree Profiles of People from Different Countries Please add to this list.
- Different Languages Used for WikiTree Profiles Please add to this list.
- Nederlands Portaal= Dutch Portal. This is Sub Project of the Dutch Roots Project, we are working on translating and explaining all Wikitree related subjects in Dutch,to make Wikitree and all about it easy to understand for all Dutch speaking and/or reading members having difficulties with reading and or understanding English. Het Nederlands Portaal :Het Nederlands Portaal is een onderdeel van het Dutch Roots Project. De hoofdtaal van Wikitree is Engels. Logisch omdat Wikitree wereldwijd is en de meeste mensen die internationaal actief zijn in het Engels communiceren. Voor mensen die het Engels onvoldoende beheersen hebben wij pagina's gemaakt met de belangrijkste zaken voor Nederlandstaligen die werken met WikiTree op een rij.
- Profile Headers in Different Languages
This page was last modified 10:22, 10 September 2019. This page has been accessed 1,946 times.