Project: Hatfield and McCoy
The Black Sheep Project and the Hatfield and McCoy sub-project have been dissolved. The profiles in this sub-project can now be found under its category: Category:Hatfield and McCoy Family Feud
See also: Hatfields and McCoys
The Hatfield and McCoy feud involved two families of the West Virginia - Kentucky area along the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River, between 1863–1891. The Hatfields of West Virginia were led by William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield while the McCoys of Kentucky were led by Randolph "Ole Ran'l" McCoy.
Mission: the purpose of this study is to highlight the profiles of those people who were involved in the Hatfield and McCoy family feud.
- Add profiles for members of the Hatfield and McCoy families by checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Make sure profiles of all family members are correct and documented.
- Profiles need to be linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection.
Profiles that are included in this project should appear in this category:
NO LONGER USED
- Wikipedia - Hatfield–McCoy feud
- History.com - The Hatfield & McCoy Feud
- Hatfield McCoy Country - The Hatfield McCoy Feud
- Encyclopaedia Britannica - Hatfields and McCoys American family feud
- West Virginia of culture and History - Hatfield-McCoy Feud
- History Channel: Hattfield & McCoy Mini series
- Logan County, West Virginia Nostalgia
5-Star Profiles/What to do
- Check that facts are sourced. Try to find sources for ones that aren't. Including family members
- If there aren't dates/locations, see if you can find them and add with sources. If you can't find them, it would be helpful to add notes about where you searched so that others don't have to repeat your efforts.
- Check if there are any duplicate family members and propose merges when necessary.
- If there is a biography, make sure it is an originally written narrative, excluding any copyright or licensing violations (for example, not something that was copied and pasted (C&P) from Wikipedia; see Copying Text)
- Rearrange the Biography section into a logical order, remove any GEDCOM junk and clean up after any merges. (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Biographies)
- Make sure the profile meets our Profile Aesthetics recommendations (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Profile_Aesthetics and https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:HTML_and_Inline_CSS ).
- If there's not a biography, try to lay out a basic narrative and/or timeline of the persons life. Getting the key facts in order will help later.
- See if you can add photographs, pictures, maps or other visual items.
- Add categories, project templates, stickers and/or succession boxes if appropriate.
5-Star Hatfield & McCoy Profiles
This page was last modified 02:09, 7 March 2021. This page has been accessed 9,054 times.