This project is part of the United States Project
The state of Hawaii was previously the Hawaii Territory and is the most recent state to join the union, on August 21, 1959.
How to Join
It is not necessary that you be related to someone who lived in the state of Hawaii or live there yourself to join. Anyone with an interest is welcome! If you would like to participate, please do the following:
- Project Leaders: Azure Robinson
- Coordinators: needed contact project leadership if interested in becoming Project Coordinator
- Add Hawaii to your followed tags.
- We use G2G and #united-states channel on the WikiTree Discord Server for communication.
- Check out our maintenance categories for our project needs, then jump in and start helping!
- Here is the Hawaii project's Suggestion List. Working on these is a great way to contribute.
Mission & Goals
The purpose of this project is to coordinate all Hawaii-related projects and resources and combine that information into one place.
Our goal is to create and develop profiles on WikiTree for those who lived in the state of Hawaii.
The following table provides links to space pages for each county in Hawaii. If you would like to be a member of a county, send the project leader a private message, and you will be added to the trusted list. Currently, all counties need team leaders! County Categories can be found here: Category:Hawaii
- Add Hawaii-related profiles, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- See the Hawaii State Maintenance Category "Needs" categories
- Needs GEDCOM Cleanup If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Needs Biography: Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Needs Profiles Created: Profiles need to be linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection. Make sure profiles of all family members are correct and documented.
- Needs More Records: Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Add profiles for those who obtained land grants and homesteaded in Hawaii. See the Homesteaders Project
- Help develop the Native Americans Project with information about Hawaii state tribes.
- Would you like to lead a county sub-project? these counties need a Team Leader
- If you're interested in coordinating a place study for somewhere in Hawaii, see the join post for the One Place Studies Project. Here are some ideas for studies:
- Cemeteries in Hawaii need to be photographed and the categories added to profiles on WikiTree.
- Location categories for places in Hawaii need the CategoryInfoBox Location filled in with information. If you're interested in helping with this effort, contact project leadership to get you started.
- Work on Hawaii unconnected and unsourced profiles.
- Work on Suggestions for profiles from Hawaii, as reported by the Data Doctors Project.
- If you find a free online resource:
- If you have any Hawaii state resources that you are willing to do lookups on, please add them to the Resources Page.
- If you live in Hawaii, please consider adding Category: Hawaii Research Assistance to your Wikitree profile page.
- Hawaii Category page
Projects and Pages
- The Kingdom of Hawaii
- Quakers in Hawaii
- Homesteaders Project
- US Governors Project
- United States in World War II
- Hawaii disasters in the Disasters Project
- One Place Studies Project
- Western Red Cedars Team for Big Annual Challenges
||... ... ... is a part of Hawaii history.|
Join: Hawaii Project
For profiles needing Project Protection only. Be sure to add the United States Project as manager of the profile: firstname.lastname@example.org
See: Hawaii Sticker for more details
See: Nonmigrating Ancestory Sticker for more details
This sticker has more flexibility
This page was last modified 16:45, 25 December 2022. This page has been accessed 880 times.