This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in profiles related to Iceland through history.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information. Members can join various sub-projects of specific interest or seek support from the project Leadership if it is believed a research topic is not adequately covered.
How to Join
- Top Level Project: Nordic
- Project Leaders: Amy Gilpin
- Coordinators: Sigurður Eysteinsson and Dagmar Thorisdottir
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Nordic project and get a badge.
- Add nordic to your followed tags.
- We use Nordic Project Google Group for communication.
- Here is the Nordic project's Suggestion List. Working on these is a great way to contribute.
- Nordic Project Member List.
- Here is what our members are working on.
For each Profile:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number with correct Last Name At Birth
- All profiles containing appropriate source material
- Relevant Categories added where required
- Biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
In some cases, where there is dispute or there are issues that are difficult to resolve, for example, it may be necessary to manage change through an interest group. In these cases it might require a Profile to be Project Protected. Please discuss with a Leader if this is thought necessary.
In some cases, such as pre-1500 profiles, it may be necessary to gain assistance from a Leader to help amend profiles. Please discuss the requirement with a Project Lead.
Related Projects and Groups
This page was last modified 11:21, 1 July 2021. This page has been accessed 331 times.