This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in profiles related to the Indian Sub Continent.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information.
Project being extended to include all of Indian Sub Continent. Please excuse - "work in progress"
How to Join
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- pertaining categories added (Contact Maria for assistance if appropriate place category is not yet on WikiTree.)
- stickers added
- biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
- Attached family meets these goals, too
- Attached to the main WikiTree family tree (ask the GFR for help)
India Sub Projects
Potential India Sub Projects
- Indian Indentured Labourers in the Caribbean
The India Project is associated with the United Kingdom Project through its history
India Project Box
This project box is to be used in conjunction with the project account for Profiles that are under direct management by the project. For others please use the relevant "Stickers".
Important: The template will categorise the individual into the Category: location of the place you use in the "location" field. Use either "State xxxx" if known or India if not.
Sample usage (using India):
Sample usage (using Goa):
| location = Goa, India
There are two Stickers in use by the project;
One for use by those born in India please use
For those with ancestors from India please use
WikiTree India Resources
Regions of India
States and Union Territories of India
24 Tamil Nadu
29 West Bengal
Districts of India
External India Resource
External India Genealogy Resource
- Family Search India Church Records plus links to other sites.
- Genealogy Links various including birth records and immigrants from Scotland 1800's
- Evacuee List, Burma 1942 - "The Trek Out of Burma" Transcribed by the Anglo-Burmese Library, published 2009
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards.
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging.
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers.
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile.
This page was last modified 10:30, 8 November 2018. This page has been accessed 3,082 times.