This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in profiles related to the Indian Sub Continent mainly the current Dominions of India and Pakistan.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information.
Project being extended to include all of Indian Sub Continent. Please excuse - "work in progress"
How to Join
The current leader of this project is: Maria Maxwell
To see our current members, check out the badge feed.
To join the project
- See our G2G join post, answer there with your interests, and we'll get you a badge.
- Add india to your G2G tag feed That way you'll see all our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Add the line [[Category:India Project]] to the text area of your profile page. This will add you to the list of participants on the Category Page .
- Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
- Maria Maxwell- All ideas and assistance with developing this Project are most welcome.
- Doug Straiton -
- Susan Scarcella -British east India Company soldiers in Madhya Pradesh (Saugor) and Haryana (Karnal), one of whom, reportedly, married a local woman.
- Russell Senior -
- Richard Shelley - Family and cousins traced back to Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
- D Smith -
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- pertaining categories added
- templates added
- biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
- Attached family meets these goals, too
- Attached to the main WikiTree family tree (ask the GFR for help)
India Sub Projects
The India Project is associated with the United Kingdom Project through its history
India Project Template
Important: The template will categorise the individual into the Category: location of the place you use in the "location" field. Use either "State xxxx" if known or India if not.
Sample usage (using India):
Sample usage (using Goa):
| location = Goa, India
WikiTree India Resources
Regions of India
States and Union Territories of India
24 Tamil Nadu
Districts of India
External India Resource
External India Genealogy Resource
- Family Search India Church Records plus links to other sites.
- Genealogy Links various including birth records and immigrants from Scotland 1800's
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards.
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging.
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers.
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile.
This page was last modified 11:47, 9 August 2017. This page has been accessed 2,127 times.