Welcome to the Japanese Project! Be sure to check out the project page to see some of what we do, our To-Do list and please add the Japanese tag to your G2G feed. We also have a fun Google+ Community] to share fun finds and chat in. Thanks for joining us!
This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in Japanese family profiles and related topics.
How To Join
The leader of this project is Matt Pryber . For a full list of participants, see the badge report.
If you would like to be involved in the Japanese project, please do the following:
- Add Japanese to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Matt to award you the Japanese Project badge.
- Add your name to the list below.
- Add yourself to our Google Community: 
Any improvements you can make to the profiles of the Japanese Project are welcome, but here are some specific goals we're working towards:
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Project Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements
- Japanese template included on the page (See Templates below)
- All relevant categories are added, including the [[Category:Japanese Project]] category
- Parents are correct and documented
- Biography is cleaned up, free of any GEDCOM junk, Ancestry trees, etc., and ideally has an actual written biography.
- Children are linked if able
- Link Profile to Global Family Reunion
- Create Cemetery Category if known
- Create City freepages and link profiles to city and region categories
- provide gravestone picture if possible
To Do List
These are ways you can volunteer to help with the project; specific tasks linked to G2G discussions so it is easy to collaborate!
- Create regional categories for Japan. Karen Tobo created the English categories for the 47 prefectures of Japan within the eight regions of Japan described in ISO 3166-2:JP. See Category:Japan. We should probably also create these categories in the Japanese language.
Project members can take primary responsibility for a specific Japanese Family and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information. If there isn't a particular family that interests you, you can contribute to any of these tasks on any profiles,
- Matt Pryber
- Karen Tobo - I'll work on my in-laws and start thinking about how to connect with other researchers.
- Nicolas LaPointe - I will work on connecting the Japanese clans to the global family tree.
Suggestions welcome! Let Matt know if you're interested in leading one of these and we'll get started on setting things up!
- Meiji Restoration
- Feudal Period
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Language Resources Help with translations
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
Participating Leaders for PPP or other Assistance
-  - A website dedicated to helping you search for family history records
Related Projects and Groups
The following projects and groups are likely to have some overlap with this one, so members of this project may be interested in them as well:
This page was last modified 12:16, 22 September 2021. This page has been accessed 489 times.