Project: LDS Pioneers
Welcome to the LDS Pioneers Project. This project covers the migrating Mormon pioneers who traveled from New England States, New York State and other eastern regions in a wagon train migration which began in April of 1847. This project is about the profiles on WikiTree of these particular Mormon pioneers who eventually settled in the Great Salt Lake plains of Utah. This pioneer era is generally considered to have ended with the 1869 arrival of the transcontinental railroad.
Our main goal is to locate the pioneer families on WikiTree, merge and clean-up the existing LDS pioneers duplicates on WikiTree as well as adding sources when needed. It will be done in hope of welcoming others to add their families to the major LDS Pioneer families protected profiles at WikiTree .
Project members can take primary responsibility for a specific person or family, and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information.
This is a sub-project of the LDS Project.
How to Join
The leader of this sub-project is Eowyn Langholf.
If you're interested in participating in this project, please do the following:
- Add lds to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Eowyn to award you the LDS Project Member badge.
- Check out our task list to see what the project needs help with!
Any improvements you can make to profiles of the LDS Pioneers profiles are welcome but here are some specific goals we are working towards:
- All duplicates merged into the final profile ID
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Supervisors)
- LDS Pioneers template included on the page
- Do research to ascertain that the parents are correct
- Disputed parentage in BIO with internal/external links if available
- Clean-up of profiles which included eliminations of any GEDCOM upload strings and import info (i.e. Ancestry Tree, Family Search IGI trees, ect).
- Elimination of and /or trim Wikipedia cut-and-pastes .
- Add sources
Profiles of LDS Pioneers
Profiles that have been identified and marked as belonging to this project can be found here: Pioneers Category page.
The project box for this project is Template:LDS Pioneers.
To use it on a profile, just type the following text on the profile, above the biography header section:
This will display the project box, and will also put the profile in Category:LDS Pioneers, so you don't need to include the Category line when you're including the template.
There is a Pioneer Immigrants to Utah Territory Database at Ancestry.
http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Fayette,_New_York The Encyclopedia of Mormonism
This page was last modified 21:56, 18 April 2017. This page has been accessed 4,454 times.