Project: Magna Carta Project Member Check-In
The table below shows current activity of both badged and affiliate members to help avoid duplicating our efforts. Base Camp has the historical record of trails worked on, and Trail Tracks shows which project profiles have a badged member providing additional stewardship. (Click the tabs above to get to those project pages. "Project Home" goes to the main project page.)
Any project member actively participating in a project-related task (e.g., developing or reviewing a trail for a project-managed Gateway Ancestor) should add that information here.
- To do so, add your name (and Team, if applicable - see below) and what you're working on. "Sign" it using four tildes (~~~~). When you save, the tildes will automatically convert to your WikiTree ID and add the date and time. The entries are alphabetized based on WikiTree ID (LNAB). If you're not comfortable editing a table, enter your information as a bullet entry & I'll add it to the table for you. For example,
- Your name, Team (if applicable), what you're working on, ~~~~
Name Team Working On Signature (or Member ID/Signature) Michael Cayley Leadership developing profiles of Illustrious Men - as part of this, will work on all illustrious men profiles on 5 star list as necessary, over time
reviewing trail from Sarah (Woodward) Henchman and Frances Woodward to Hugh Bigod Sep 2019
Cayley-55 13:53, 6 September 2019 (UTC) David Douglass Leadership developing trail for Peter Worden to Robert de Roos Douglass-990 16:55, 14 July 2019 (UTC)) MaryAnn Thomas developing trail for John Throckmorton to de_Vere-309 Ford-12624/
Noland-165 21:22, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Susan Gore developing trail for Thomas Greene to Ros-162 Knight-5503/
Noland-165 14:01, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Liz Shifflett Leadership, Maintenance, 5-Star working on 5-Star profiles Noland-165 12:36, 19 September 2019 (UTC) Gordon Warder reviewing trail for Jabez Whitaker to Bohun-7 and Ros-162 Warder-49, 16 Sep 2019
The project now has a second team! Check out information about being on the 5-Star Team at the Team Page: Magna Carta Project 5-Star Profiles.
Information about the other - the Maintenance Team - is below.
Both teams are open to both badged and affiliate members.
The Maintenance Team focuses on the project's "Needs..." categories (Magna Carta Project Maintenance Categories):
- Research Group:
- Update and Review Group
- Approval Group
If you're interested in joining the Maintenance Team, please contact Team Leader Liz Shifflett. Let her know which category or categories you're interested in working on.
- ↑ Members working on profiles in this category need access to a hard copy of either Magna Carta Ancestry or Royal Ancestry.
- ↑ Family members need to be verified against primary proof or a hard copy of Richardson's Magna Carta Ancestry or Royal Ancestry (Google Books has a snippit view copy of Magna Carta Ancestry - see WikiTree's source page for a link).
- ↑ Members working on profiles in this category need to have developed a trail that was subsequently reviewed/approved.
This Check-In page will allow for better coordination of what project members (both badged and affiliate) are actively working on.
While Base Camp has been used to coordinate the efforts of badged members, it primarily serves as a record for trails - when they were developed and reviewed for the project and by whom. Current activity may be overlooked (or out of date). Trail Tracks focuses on project profiles (listing those that have a project member providing extra oversight as their Gateway Guardian, for example).
Leadership will be looking at reducing overlap of the three (Check-In, Base Camp, and Trail Tracks).
- As of 1 December 2017, badged members have participation requirements to meet, as described and tracked on the Participation Tables page. It also shows affiliate members and the Google Group status of project members. Both badged and affiliate members should join the project's Google Group. If you have joined but do not receive Google Group e-mails (i.e., you are set to "no mail"), please add Magna_Carta to your followed tags. Because the project account follows that tag, the Google Group receives a daily update of G2G posts tagged "magna_carta". The information on the Participation Tables may be incorporated elsewhere at a later date. ~ Noland-165 17:56, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Reviewed: Noland-165 14:44, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
This page was last modified 14:58, 22 September 2019. This page has been accessed 307 times.