When a Mentor Intervention Request is submitted, they provide guidance and instruction to help reconcile the situation.
... someone who is good at looking at both sides of a situation.
| || |
See the badge report for the full list of members.
How to Join
- Project Leaders: Eowyn Langholf, Julie Ricketts, David Selman, and Ian Speed
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Mentors project and get a badge.
- Add mentors to your followed tags.
- We use Mentors Google Group for communication.
- Mentors Project Member List.
- Here is what our members are working on.
Mentors ensure that members are receiving the help they need by performing each task designated in our combined list of duties (see below). From our Honor Code: "We assume that mistakes are unintentional when others make them and ask for the same understanding."
- Respond to any replies that are generated by follow-up messages in a timely manner.
- Maintain any correspondence regarding Individual mentoring
- Help members who seek help through the mentor listings on the Contact a Mentor page
- Volunteer to help with New Member Help requests as they come in
- Mentor members who would benefit by a few days of one-on-one help when assigned through Mentor Intervention Requests
- Monitor G2G and answer questions
- Keep your section of the Mentors Sandbox up to date with notes on your mentees
Leader Mentors (Mentors who are also Leaders)
- Assigned to mentor Yellow Referral badge recipients
- Assigned to mentor Red Referral badge recipients previously evaluated by Experienced Level Mentors and Rangers to have shown a pattern of abuse.
- Acts as Helper in the Informal Mediation process..
- Acts as Mediator in Formal Mediation process.
- Monitor G2G and answer questions.
- Review and Evaluate case presented by Expert Level Mentor in Intervention Conflict Escalation, Mediation
- Keep the documentation for conflict escalations up to date with notes on who you're mentoring / mediating.
Leaders / Project Coordinator
- MIR Tracking
- Assign MIRs and NHRs
- Keep Mentor Sandbox updated / archive concluded entries
- Make sure that badged/blocked members are entered correctly in Problem Members Doc (PMD)
- Keep the Ranger Cheat Sheet synced up with current badge holders
- Remind Mentors to update their sandbox sections, etc.
- Yellow Referral badges are awarded to members who are being mentored or are in the Mediation Process. Their mistakes are unintentional but are taking longer to resolve.
- Red Referral badges are awarded to members who have not responded well to all attempts at mentorship, have been blocked at some point for vandalism and are under review for temporary or permanent account suspension.
- The WikiTree Help Index or Help Category list helpful How To's.
- How to Use WikiTree
- Search the G2G Forum and find answers to your questions.
- Contact a Mentor for any issues you may be having.
- Don't WikiTree While Angry
This page was last modified 02:38, 24 August 2021. This page has been accessed 17,059 times.