Categories: WikiTree Help | Mentors Project
... someone who is good at looking at both sides of a situation.
| || |
See the badge report for the full list of members.
How to Join
- Project Leaders: David Selman, Ian Speed, Missy Berryann, Pam Cormac Smith, Robin Lee, and Amy Gilpin with WikiTree Team support from Eowyn Langholf and Julie Ricketts
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Mentors project and get a badge.
- Add mentors to your followed tags.
- We use Mentors Google Group for communication.
- Mentors Project Member List.
- Here is what our members are working on.
Mentors ensure that members are receiving the help they need by performing each task designated in our combined list of duties (see below). From our Honor Code: "We assume that mistakes are unintentional when others make them and ask for the same understanding."
- Respond to any replies that are generated by follow-up messages in a timely manner.
- Maintain any correspondence regarding Individual mentoring
- Help members who seek help through the mentor listings on the Contact a Mentor page
- Volunteer to help with New Member Help requests as they come in
- Mentor members who would benefit by a few days of one-on-one help when assigned through Mentor Intervention Requests
- Monitor G2G and answer questions
- Keep your section of the Mentors Sandbox up to date with notes on your mentees
Leader Mentors (Mentors who are also Leaders)
- Assigned to mentor Yellow Referral badge recipients
- Assigned to mentor Red Referral badge recipients previously evaluated by Experienced Level Mentors and Rangers to have shown a pattern of abuse.
- Acts as Helper in the Informal Mediation process..
- Acts as Mediator in Formal Mediation process.
- Monitor G2G and answer questions.
- Review and Evaluate case presented by Expert Level Mentor in Intervention Conflict Escalation, Mediation
- Keep the documentation for conflict escalations up to date with notes on who you're mentoring / mediating.
Leaders / Project Coordinator
- MIR Tracking
- Assign MIRs and NHRs
- Keep Mentor Sandbox updated / archive concluded entries
- Make sure that badged/blocked members are entered correctly in Problem Members Doc (PMD)
- Keep the Ranger Cheat Sheet synced up with current badge holders
- Remind Mentors to update their sandbox sections, etc.
Where and How to Get Help
- Learn about WikiTree and how to use it.
- Our self-directed Tutorials cover all the basics and some more advanced topics.
- WikiTree Help pages cover just about any topic you can think of.
- Our community members are ready to help with research; understanding our styles, standards and policies; and finding answers if you're having trouble finding them yourself.
- Contact a Mentor if you need some one-on-one help.
- If another member has upset you, please Don't WikiTree While Angry (DWWA). Start here to get more help.
This page was last modified 23:58, 19 March 2023. This page has been accessed 19,520 times.