Project: Military Musicians
Welcome to the Military Musicians Project! This project is dedicated to those individuals who served as military musicians from all wars during all eras and during peacetime. It is not necessary that you have an ancestor who fits this description. If you have an interest in this subject, you are more than welcome to participate.
Please review the project goals, and if you feel this is something that you would like to do, follow the steps under How to Join below.
War has always been with us. Technology has not. For more time than man can fathom, military communication relied on its musicians. The mission of the Military Musicians Project is to honor those who bravely faced battle with drums and fifes while others carried rifles and bayonets.
How To Join
- Project Leaders: Paula J
- Coordinators: Mary Richardson
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Military Musicians project and get a badge.
- Add military_musicians to your followed tags.
- We use Military and War Google Community (Please include your WikiTree ID when requesting to join) for communication.
- Military Musicians Project Member List.
- Here is what our members are working on.
You may also want to
- Add military_and_war to your followed tags
- Check out the main project page for all guidelines related to the project.
- Check out the To-Do list below to find something to help us work on, and add yourself (or ask one of us to) to that task
- Add Category: Military and War Project Members to your profile page.
- Scott Lee
- Mary Richardson, Project Coordinator developed space page
- Julia Ryan,
- Bill Sekel
- Alison Andrus
- Allan H Thomas,
- Keith McDonald
- Paula Leader
- Eric Daly
- Robin Kabrich
This is the Main Category: Military Musicians
- Add Military Musicians to this page by adding the category to their profiles
- Work on developing the Space Page
- Memories of Pearl Harbour Space Page for the USS Arizona, World War II on which 22 military musicians died.
The following projects and groups are likely to have some overlap with this one, so members of this project may be interested in them as well:
- Roll of Honor Project Honor and Recognition
- Military Musicians Space Page
- Memories of Pearl Harbour Part of Military and Wars, World War II, listed on project page
- Amariah Crane Revolutionary War Fifer
- Abraham Runyan Civil War, USA fifer
- Jacob A Ziegler
- Willie Johnston Civil War, youngest MOH recipient, a drummer
- Samuel Schmeeckle World War I Musician
- Joseph Bye Fought at Battle of Waterloo, June 18, 1815 Drummer - 1st Battalion 52nd Regiment of Foot, Company of Captain James McNair
This page was last modified 17:17, 18 April 2021. This page has been accessed 279 times.