Project: New Zealand
This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in the history, culture and people of New Zealand.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information.
How to Join
- Add your name to New Zealand Project Member Interests page. Let us know what your NZ research interests are and how you would like to contribute to the project.
- To see our current members, check out the badge feed.
- Add [[Category:New Zealand Project]] to your profile. This will add you to the list of participants on the New Zealand Category.
For each person:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- pertaining categories added
- biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
- Attached family meets these goals, too
- Attached to the main WikiTree family tree
New Zealand Sub Projects
- British Home Children, New Zealand British Home Children, led by Mags Gaulden, Robynne Lozier, Project Coordinator
WikiTree New Zealand Resources
- New Zealand
- New Zealand History
- Maori Iwi, New Zealand
- Immigrant Ships to New Zealand
- English Immigrants to New Zealand
- Scottish Immigrants to New Zealand
- New Zealand Disasters
- New Zealand Mining Disasters
- NZ Prime Ministers
- New Zealand Military History
- New Zealand Defence Force
New Zealand Project Box
|Thank you to Rob Ton for the amazing art work!!|
Usage instructions can be found here: New Zealand Project Box
This project box is used on profiles that are protected or managed by the New Zealand project. If you feel that a profile should be managed by the project, please contact the project leaders or post about it in G2G using the new_zealand tag.
|Entering ...||Results in ...|
|... and the profile will be added to Category:Oamaru, Otago.|
As with all categories on Wikitree if the name appears in red text that category page does not yet exist. In such cases please double-check the spelling is correct (again this is case sensitive) and then create the category page, including making it a sub-category of the appropriate region.
Migrating Ancestor Sticker Usage
The Migrating Ancestor sticker can be used to identify New Zealanders who arrived from somewhere else.
|For usage instructions see: Migrating Ancestor template page|
Available flag images can be found at:
- United Kingdom Project The New Zealand Project is associated with the United Kingdom project through its history.
Regions of New Zealand
The New Zealand section of WikiTree is Grouped & Categorised using the following 16 Regions
WikiTree New Zealand Genealogy Resources
- New Zealand Genealogy Resources - List of external genealogy sites.
External New Zealand Resources
- AtoJs Online: About the Appendices to the Journals of the House of Representatives This is a fantastic resource for government reports of New Zealand through the National Library of New Zealand online. The essay lists all records included, and the digitized records online are available in both searchable online and downloadable pdf format.
- New Zealand History Websites for family history research.
- New Zealand in history The history of New Zealand : a brief overview of the pre-historic, colonial and modern periods.
- Wellington Genealogy Links fixed!!
- Maori Maori information and customs/traditions.
- Pioneers in New Zealand Our early settlers
- Family Search New Zealand Church Records Info re records before 1848.
- Access to the NZ Regional and District Maps can be obtained (temporarily we hope) through this G2G post.
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 06:26, 13 December 2017. This page has been accessed 6,430 times.