Project: New Zealand
This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in the history, culture and people of New Zealand.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information.
How to join
The current Leader of this project is: Maria Maxwell
To see our current members, check out the badge feed.
To join the project:
- See our G2G join post, answer there with your interests, and we'll get you a badge.
- Add new_zealand to your G2G tag feed That way you'll see all our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Add the line [[Category:New Zealand Project]] to the text area of your profile page. This will add you to the list of participants on the Category Page .
- Add your name to New Zealand Project Member Interests page. Let us know what your NZ research interests are and how you would like to contribute to the project.
The list of participants has now been moved to http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:New_Zealand_Project_-_Member_Interests because of our growing numbers !! The new list is in alpha order.
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- PPP added where appropriate
- pertaining categories added
- templates added
- biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
- Attached family meets these goals, too
- Attached to the main WikiTree family tree (ask the GFR for help)
New Zealand Sub Projects
- British Home Children, New Zealand British Home Children, led by Mags Gaulden, Robynne Lozier, Project Coordinator
The New Zealand Project is associated with the United Kingdom Project through its history
STOP PRESS - New Zealand Template
Now available thanks to the amazing art work of Rob Ton !!
|New Zealand Project|
This template is for use on profiles that fall under the aims of the New Zealand project. This includes anyone who was born in, or immigrated to New Zealand; in other words anyone who lived/lives in New Zealand.
To use this template on a profile use the following code, providing the specified parameters (case-sensitive):
In order to categorize profiles accurately, providing the parameters 'region' and 'place' is strongly encouraged, although the template can be applied without them.
- If the 'region' parameter is not provided the profile will be placed in Category:Pending_New_Zealand_Categories whether or not a 'place' is specified.
Parameter 'place' should be a village, town, city, or urban center. Usually the location provided should be for the place of birth, or the place an immigrant first settled on arrival in New Zealand. If however the individual is strongly associated with a different community from where they were born or initially settled the profile managers may agree to use that location instead.
The template call:
Results in the profile being added to "Category:Oamaru, Otago" and the template being displayed as:
||... ... ... came from Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand.|
Join: New Zealand Project
As with all categories on Wikitree if the name appears in red text that category page does not yet exist. In such cases please double-check the spelling is correct (again this is case sensitive) and then create the category page, including making it a sub-category of the appropriate region.
WikiTree Migration Template for Profiles
Regions of New Zealand
The New Zealand section of the WikiTree is Grouped & Categorised using the following 16 Regions
WikiTree New Zealand Resources
- New Zealand
- New Zealand History
- Maori Iwi, New Zealand
- Immigrant Ships to New Zealand
- English Immigrants to New Zealand
- Scottish Immigrants to New Zealand
- NZ Prime Ministers
- New Zealand Military History
- New Zealand Defence Force
WikiTree New Zealand Genealogy Resources
- New Zealand Genealogy Resources - List of external genealogy sites.
External New Zealand Resources
- New Zealand History Websites for family history research.
- New Zealand in history The history of New Zealand : a brief overview of the pre-historic, colonial and modern periods.
- [://www.genealogy-index.co.nz/ Genealogy Index] Wellington Genealogy Index. A BDM or BMD index of the Family Notices published daily in the Wellington, New Zealand, newspaper(s) since 1999. (seems to be a clothing advert at this site today !! - will add it again tomorrow to see if it's back to normal. Maxwell-1489 04:09, 19 September 2016 (EDT))
- Maori Maori information and customs/traditions.
- Pioneers in New Zealand Our early settlers
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 04:21, 4 June 2017. This page has been accessed 4,577 times.