This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in profiles related to Norway through history.
Project members can take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information. members can join various sub-projects of specific interest or seek support from the project Leadership if it is believed a research topic is not adequately covered.
How to Join
To see our current members, check out the badge report.
To join the project
- Answer our G2G post with your interests and to receive a badge.
- Add norway to your list of followed tags.
- Ask Doug Straiton to have your name added to the Google Groups.
- Check out the To-Do list below to find something to help us work on, and add yourself (or ask one of us to) to that task
- Add your name here, to the list of participants.
For each Profile:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- All profiles containing appropriate source material
- Relevant Categories added where required
- Relevant Template added; See Project Box
- Biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
In some cases, where there is dispute or there are issues that are difficult to resolve, for example, it may be necessary to manage change through an interest group. In these cases it might require a Profile to be Project Protected. Please discuss with a Leader if this is thought necessary.
In some cases, such as pre-1500 profiles, it may be necessary to gain assistance from a Leader to help amend profiles. Please discuss the requirement with a Project Lead.
To-Do or Task List
To participate in the project, we have a list of tasks that we need accomplished. To see details about the task, volunteer, participate in the discussion, or ask questions about it, click on the link, which will take you to the G2G thread about the task. Be sure to post on that thread if you complete the task so we can take it off the list!
- The regional, Counties and Municipalities have been set up. There is discussion on whether to establish Parish categories; please discuss ideas with the Project Coordinator. See: Categorizing Norwegian Parishes
- Establish general structure for the Norwegian Armed Forces through history
- Norwegian Aristocracy and Nobility; some elements have been started but coordination is required.
- Find sources for Unsourced Profiles
Trouble with Names
If you are unsure which fields to use for various names see the guidance at the FAQ - Project Norway FAQ
This page was last modified 18:56, 21 February 2018. This page has been accessed 2,242 times.