Project: Notables Diversity
Categories: Notables Diversity Project
Welcome to the Notables Diversity Project! This is a sub-project of the Notables Project.
Our primary goal in creating a project that focuses on diversity is to add notable figures from diverse backgrounds. We hope to ensure that individuals from all groups, and especially those who are often neglected in historical overviews, are included in the profiles that jointly make up our one world tree.
In short, our mission is to create and improve the profiles of notable women, people of colour, LGBT+ people, and other under-represented groups.
What Is Diversity?
What do we mean when we speak of diversity? Recognizing and including profiles for people from all backgrounds and attempting to represent the many different aspects of being human. We also want to acknowledge those whose efforts have contributed to a greater acceptance of difference.
Diversity may refer to differences along the dimensions of one or more of the following spectrums of difference:
- sexual orientation,
- skin color (aka "race," however unscientific the term),
- country of origin (probably not an issue among genealogists!),
- socioeconomic status (class),
- physical ability,
- neurodiversity (brain processing differences).
- political belief,
- religious belief,
or some other aspect of being human that we haven't thought to mention.
If you think of something we missed that we should have included, please help us update this list.
The Diversity project follows the same basic standards as does the Notables project and Wikipedia, with the additional caveat that such a person has a clear connection to the issue of diversity.
Be sure to go through our list of recommended procedures on the main Global Family Reunion page. Thanks for helping us grow our Global Family Tree! If you aren't sure whether a specific profile should be part of the Diversity project, please feel free to ask Lianne or Pamela.
Ideas for Profiles
If you would like to be involved in the Notables Diversity project, please do the following:
- Add diversity to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Lianne to award you the Global Family Reunion Project badge.
- Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
- Pamela Lloyd - My primary focus is on notable women, especially women involved in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) and women who write science fiction and fantasy. On a slightly broader scope, my interests also extend to individuals involved in civil rights and women's rights.
- Lianne Lavoie
- D Crawford - Notables from the Caribbean and of African heritage
This page was last modified 17:33, 25 February 2023. This page has been accessed 2,397 times.