Project: Oklahoma Land Rush
- The Oklahoma Land Rush Project is a Sub-Project of the Oklahoma Project
This project is for those who have profiles of, or a historical interest in, a series of land runs in Oklahoma beginning with The Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889 in which Unassigned Lands were up for grabs and entire cities were populated in a matter of hours.
Because this project is part of the Oklahoma Project, if you're interested in participating in this project, please take the following steps to join the Oklahoma Project.
- Follow the instructions at Oklahoma Project for requesting the US History badge.
- Introduce yourself to the leadership of the Oklahoma Project.
Any improvements you can make to the profiles of the Wild Wild West are welcome, but here are some specific goals we're working towards:
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Project Leaders)
- Template included on the page
- All relevant categories are added
- Parents are correct and documented
- Biography is cleaned up, free of any GEDCOM junk, Ancestry trees, etc., and ideally has an actual written biography.
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Oklahoma Land Rush Page: A list of all Oklahoma Land Rush profiles on Wikitree
- Manuscripts from the Federal Writers’ Project, 1936-1940.Wrenn, Sara, WPA worker.“[Early Pioneer Life].” Text (oral history) ::Portland, OR: WPA L.C. Project, 1940. From Library of Congress
- Historynet.com - Westward Expansion
- Pinterest - Images of Wagon trains and cowboys
Books and Movies
This page was last modified 00:34, 30 August 2019. This page has been accessed 1,301 times.