Associated with the Canadian History Project
Welcome to the Ontario Project! Our goals are:
- to bring together WikiTreers with an interest in Ontario families to share resources and help with research
- to create and improve profiles of notable Ontarians
- to create Free Space pages for places, events and other topics of genealogical interest pertaining to Ontario
How to Join
To join the project:
- If not already a member of the Canadian History Project, ask our interim project leader Mags Gaulden to add the project badge.
- Add Ontario to your Tags.
- Add Ontario to your G2G tag feed.
- Join Google Group - in process
- Check out the To-Do list below to find something to help us work on, and add yourself (or ask one of us to) to that task.
Ontario Sub-Project Google Community
In Process: a location for project members and others to comment or raise issues regarding the project. Our G2G location is the best place to post queries regarding research.
Beside your name below, please keep track of what you're currently working on for this project. This is both for your own reference, and to aid collaboration amongst the project participants. Thanks!
- M. Gaulden, Interim Leader
- Laurie Cruthers Project Coordinator - focusing on Talbot Settlers, Notables
- Dave Rutherford
- Christine Daniels - Ontario cemeteries
- Elizabeth Frost
- Leah Worster - focusing on United Empire Loyalists that settled the Hamilton-Wentworth area (primarily Ancaster and Beverly).
- Jim Parish
- Rae Redford, Santema
- Linda E. Kendrick
- Ken McEvoy - focusing on 19th C mayors of Toronto, and related families
- Brett Rutherford
- Eloise Smith
- Maggie N.
- Joanne Southam
- Barry Sweetman
- Louis LaJoie
- Juli Sampson
If you like, you may add the project box to the profiles you manage that belong to this sub-project. This template is for all persons who have been identified as significant or early Ontarians.
||... ... ... is a significant Ontarian.|
Join: Ontario Project
|Sub-Project||Project Coordinator||Project Space Page||Notes||G2G link to Discussion|
|Talbot Settlers||Laurie Cruthers||Yes||N/A|
- The Niagara Settlers
- The York Region Settlers
- The Peter Robinson Settlers
Sub Project Space Pages Template
Please use this Template Page to create any sub-project space pages. Please leave the structure and no-project specific information in place while adding project specific information and graphics into the formatted page.
- Identify Profiles in need of project treatment
- Add resources to the list below
- Add (or find) notables, give profile project treatment
- Make sure that all the Lieutenant Governors of Upper Canada have profiles, succession boxes, and are linked to the main tree. Progress: profiles 15/17, succession boxes 0/0, linked to main tree 6/17
- Make sure that all the Premiers of Canada West have profiles, succession boxes, and are linked to the main tree. Progress: profiles 13/13, succession boxes 13/13, linked to main tree 5/13. Thanks to Bob Jewett.
- Make sure that all the Premiers of Ontario have profiles, succession boxes, and are linked to the main tree. Progress: profiles 25/25, succession boxes 25/25, linked to main tree 5/25. Thanks again to Bob Jewett.
Ontario Free-Space Pages
- Lieutenant Governors of Upper Canada
- Premiers of Canada West
- Ontario Premiers
- Ontario Musicians
- Ontario Artists
- Ontario Authors
- Ontario Performing Artists
- Notable_Ontarians This is where we keep track of what needs to be done for each Ontario Notable profile. If you add the category to a profile, please enter the person's name here.
Please see Category: Ontario for useful information on categorization. Today’s Ontario was called Upper Canada from 1791-1841 and Canada West from 1841 until Confederation in 1867.
- Category:Ontario Premiers
- Category: Members of Parliament for Ontario
- Category:Notable Ontarians
- Category:Ontario Artists
- Category:Ontario Authors
- Category:Ontario Musicians
- Category:Ontario Performing Artists
- Category:Ontario Unsourced Profiles
- Category:Ontario Unconnected Profiles
Related WikiTree Projects, Free-Space Pages and Categories
- Please add other Ontario-related free-space pages, projects or categories you think would be of interest.
- Ann Eliza Hepburne Rooth's 1837 Album
- Holland Marsh Dutch Settlers
- Markham Berczy Settlers Project
- Ontario Cemeteries
- Ontario Cemeteries, Category Page
- Ontario Mayors, Category Page
- United Empire Loyalist Project
- Upper Canada in the War of 1812
- Upper Canada Rebellion, Category Page
- Canadian Encyclopedia, Ontario
- Wikipedia, Ontario
- Archives of Ontario - Many finding aids, and exhibits; growing amount of digitzed content.
- The Changing Shape of Ontario - Maps of the changes in administrative boundaries from 1788-1899.
- Canadiana Homepage - (National Resource) A non-profit project to digitize Canada's documentary heritage.)
- Canada Genweb Cemetery Project, Ontario Page
- Library and Archives Canada (National Resource)
- Northern Ontario Canada Gravemarker Gallery hosted on Rootsweb
- Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid
- OntarioGenWeb Census Project
- Ontario Genealogical Society Homepage
- Ontario Vital Statistic Project hosted on Rootsweb
- 1812 History - Collection of many digitized documents and pictures of artifacts contributed by Universities, Libraries, Museums, and Archives.
- Our Ontario - Growing index of newspapers, books, articles, and more including a large amount of digitized content.
- Ontario Historical Society
- Our Roots (National Resource), contains digital copies of many local histories.
- Toronto Public Library, Virtual Reference Library
This page was last modified 17:59, 28 March 2017. This page has been accessed 843 times.