Project: Photo of the Week/Voting
Some of the Voting Members in our Profile of the Week and Family History Photo of the Week have mentioned having issues with voting, because they cannot see the buttons on the photo or profile pages. This happens most often due to internet security measure they have in place.
One issue members have had concerns use of Avast for their anti-virus. There is nothing wrong with using Avast, but it does have an internet security feature which is on automatically unless users turn it off.
To turn on this feature so your social media buttons appear on the page, (this is for Chrome users; if you use another browser and the steps are different, please let Abby or another Leader know so we can update this page)
1. On the far top right side of the browser, click on the >> button at the end of your address bar. The avast icon should be there. Click on it to open your options.
2. You should now have a green or red side bar up that says whether the site you are on is safe or not. At the bottom of that side bar, click on the "settings" link. This will open up a new tab with your avast settings page.
3. Scroll down the page, and un-click the button that says "block all social media tracking".
This should resolve the button issue if avast is the culprit.
Another social media issue is the adblocker extension. To access this, you:
1. On the far top right side of the browser, click on the >> button at the end of your address bar. The ad block icon should be there. Click on it to open your options.
2. Scroll down and click "options" on the pop-up menu. This will open a new tab.
3. Click on the "filter lists" tab.
4. Scroll down to Other Filter Lists and uncheck Antisocial Filter List. This blocks all media buttons if checked.
This page was last modified 21:48, 13 May 2014. This page has been accessed 795 times.