The Black Sheep Project and the Pirates sub-project have been dissolved. The profiles in this sub-project can now be found under its category: Category:Pirates
See also: Space:Pirates
Pirate: A person who engages in the crime of robbery or other act of violence for private ends on the high seas.
Mission: This project is to highlight the profiles of anyone who engaged in sea-robbery, be they called pirates, buccaneers, marooners, corsairs or privateers.
- Add profiles for pirates, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Make sure profiles of all family members are correct and documented.
- Profiles need to be linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection.
- See the Pirate Page for a list of pirates throughout the ages. Most of them don't have profiles on WikiTree yet. Create profiles using our stated goals as a guideline. Anything you can find out about their families will help link them to our global tree.
- English Privateers
- River Pirates
- NO LONGER USED
- Pirates Info
- 10 Facts About Pirates
- All About Pirates
- Biographies of Famous Pirates
- Provincial Archives of New Brunswick - Nova Scotia Privateers
5-Star Profiles/What to do
- Check that facts are sourced. Try to find sources for ones that aren't. Including family members
- If there aren't dates/locations, see if you can find them and add with sources. If you can't find them, it would be helpful to add notes about where you searched so that others don't have to repeat your efforts.
- Check if there are any duplicate family members and propose merges when necessary.
- If there is a biography, make sure it is an originally written narrative, excluding any copyright or licensing violations (for example, not something that was copied and pasted (C&P) from Wikipedia; see Copying Text)
- Rearrange the Biography section into a logical order, remove any GEDCOM junk and clean up after any merges. (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Biographies)
- Make sure the profile meets our Profile Aesthetics recommendations (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Profile_Aesthetics and https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:HTML_and_Inline_CSS ).
- If there's not a biography, try to lay out a basic narrative and/or timeline of the persons life. Getting the key facts in order will help later.
- See if you can add photographs, pictures, maps or other visual items.
- Add categories, project templates, stickers and/or succession boxes if appropriate.
5-Star Pirates Profiles
|ID-name||View Count||who's working it||Notes|
|William Kidd Pirate||20672||**Needs major work***|
This page was last modified 02:08, 7 March 2021. This page has been accessed 5,094 times.