The Rhineland-Palatinate Project is a Sub-Project of the German Roots Project, focusing on those ancestors from the Rhineland-Palatinate area of Germany.
How To Join
Current Leader: Jacqueline Clark
The current Project Coordinator of this Sub-Project is: Michael Thomas
If you would like to be involved in the German Roots project, please do the following:
- Add german_roots and "rhineland" to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Jacqueline to award you the German Roots Project badge, as well as what special guidelines might come along with being a member of the project.
- Please be sure to read the entire contents. Many questions can be answered. If not the person to contact is listed for inquiries.
- To be sure that your request to join is attended to promptly please follow the direction in number 2.
Any improvements you can make to the profiles of the Rhineland-Palatinate Project are welcome, but here are some specific goals we're working towards:
For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements
- German Roots template included on the page
- All relevant categories are added.
- Biography is cleaned up and ideally has a written biography.
- Parents and children are linked, if possible
- Simplify categories, if possible
Categories and Templates
Copy and paste the following template on profiles that have German ancestry.
Family Research Aids
- Genealogy Resources in Germany
- Family Research in Germany
- Emigration from Germany
- Immigration and Passenger Lists
- Cemetery Records in Germany
- German Immigrants in America
- American Immigration
- German Immigrants to Australia
Rhineland-Palatinate and Germany - General Information
- Category Rhineland-Palatinate
- Palatinate Region of Germany
- Upper Palatinate
- Swabia Bavaria
- Category - Rhine Province
- Rhine Province
- Regions of Germany
- German States
- Outline of Germany
- Origin of German States Coats of Arms on Wikipedia
This page was last modified 22:27, 3 November 2017. This page has been accessed 2,383 times.