Project: Scots Abroad
The Scots Abroad Project is a Sub-Project of the Scotland Project
The project is a collaborative effort of Wikitree users to highlight those Scots that migrated from Scotland and built their families in all parts of the world. Wikitree has established projects for the migration to the Americas and also to Australia and New Zealand. This project looks at the migration that took place between the 12th Century and the Acts of Union in 1708.
How to Join
The leader of this project is Doug Straiton
- If you're interested in participating in this project, please do the following
- 1.Add the line [[Category:Scots Abroad]] to the text area of your profile page. This will add you to the list of participants on the Category Page .
- 3.Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
- 4. See our G2G join post, answer there with your interests, and we'll get you a badge.
- Doug Straiton
- Rick Sinclair interested in Scots into North America especially those into Talbot Settlement & into area of Middlesex County around Gleancoe Ontario, Mosa, Ekfrid, Aldborough Townships. Timeframe late 1700's until 1860. Have found these people to be mainly from Argyle, high interest in "The Small Lairds of Glen Shira" near Inverary.
- Delsie Hoyt interested in Scottish migration and settlement in Vermont, especially Scottish American Company of Farmers (mostly from Renfrewshire area) who settled Ryegate, Vermont.
- Michele Camera recently discovered a branch (Milliken) that migrated to the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1680. Much research is necessary to flesh out this branch.
- KerrieAnne Christian - interested in McKenzie's from Skye, Newlands from Glagow and Bathgate, Tulloch's - migration to Australia from 1837 on William Nichols, Portland
- Tracy Leighton - currently focused on Leighton and Sinclair branches
- Judith Hayes - interested in Hay emigrants to Canada with origins in Peebles, Banff, and Moray, Scotland.
- Dani Desio - descendant of Scottish emigrants who settled/established Scarborough, Ontario and currently focused on researching ancestors prior to emigration.
- Roy Lamberton - Descendant of the Lamberton family from the area around Kilmaurs, Ayrshire who came to New York in the mid 1800's. Family Names include: Kirkland, McKie (MacCay), and others.
Any improvements you can make to the profiles are welcome, but here are some specific goals we're working towards:
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Template included on the page
- All relevant categories are added
- Parents are correct and documented
- Biography is cleaned up, free of any GEDCOM junk, Ancestry trees, etc., and ideally has an actual written biography.
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
(add external links)
This page was last modified 12:57, 27 November 2017. This page has been accessed 1,229 times.