Project: Slavic Roots
|Croatian Roots Project||Czech Roots Project||Polish Roots Project||Romanian Roots Project||Russian Roots Project||Ukrainian Roots Project|
How to Join
For a list of members with the badge, see the badge feed.
- Post an answer here on our G2G "How to to join" thread:
- Add SLAVIC_ROOTS to your G2G tag feed.
- Request to join our Google discussion group.
- Add related profiles, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Add template to the profiles along with any relevant categories.
- Contact (leader name) to request PPP status for those profiles that meet the criteria for project protection. This will protect them from an incorrect merge.
- Profiles of family members are correct and documented.
- Profiles are linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection.
- Work on sources for unsourced profiles
- Work with the Global Cemeteries Project to ensure cemeteries in these countries/areas are photographed and records added to WikiTree.
- Identify profiles and tag them with appropriate categories
- Spread the word to others with Slavic heritage or interest in the area
- Identify people who can help with documents or direct research
- Establish project pages for other categories under the Slavic umbrella
Croatian Roots Project
Czech Roots Project
- Czech Roots Project Page
- Regions and Districts
- Available Records
- Czech Parish Maps
- Finding Ancestors Village
- Czech One Name Studies
Polish Roots Project
- Polish Roots Project Page
- Poland: Information and Resource Library - a very in-depth information and resource page
- Administrative Divisions of Poland - list of current and historical administrative divisions of Poland
- Poland Flags and Images - various images of Poland, will also house a variety of individual województwo/Voivodeship and powiat flags.
Romanian Roots Project
- Romanian Roots Project Page This project is presently under our umbrella but that may change. Romanians are not categorized among the Slavic peoples, but there is Slavic cultural influence and there may be some genetic influence as some Slavic populations were assimilated.
Russian Roots Project
- Russian Roots Project Page
- Russia's Government and Structure - (will include politicians and government officials)
- Russian Culture - (includes Ethnic groups, language and language resources, artists, and Russian celebrities and notables)
- Russian Images
- Russian Roots Resource Library
Slovak Roots Project
Currently in formation, contact: Judy Lesso
Ukrainian Roots Project
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right on all pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards.
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging.
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers.
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile.
- Early Slavs
- Slavic Languages
- The Slavic Ethnogenesis: Identifying the Slavic Stock and Origins of the Slavs,Compiled by Andrzej Borzyskowski
- History of Slavic Languages
- Immigrants to Canada: Hungarians, Croatians, Romanians, Slovaks and Czechs
- Immigration Records on Ancestry
- Ellis Island Passenger Records
- Best Immigrant Genealogy Website List, Family Tree Magazine
- Article: Top 57 European Genealogy Websites
- Language Orthographies
- Russian Orthography
- Polish Orthography
- Czech Orthography
- Slovak Orthography
- Romani Orthography Note well: this resource is for the Romani people, not for Romanian language.
|Present-Day countries with Slavic Roots|
This page was last modified 10:32, 14 June 2017. This page has been accessed 1,027 times.