Project: Slavic Roots
|Croatian Roots Project||Czech Roots Project||Polish Roots Project||Romanian Roots Project||Russian Roots Project||Ukrainian Roots Project|
How to Join
For a list of members with the badge, see the badge feed.
- Ask Michael Maranda to join and for the project badge.
- Add SLAVIC_ROOTS to your G2G tag feed.
- Request to join our Google discussion group.
- Add related profiles, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Add template to the profiles along with any relevant categories.
- Contact (leader name) to request PPP status for those profiles that meet the criteria for project protection. This will protect them from an incorrect merge.
- Profiles of family members are correct and documented.
- Profiles are linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection.
- Work on sources for unsourced profiles
- Work with the Global Cemeteries Project to ensure cemeteries in these countries/areas are photographed and records added to WikiTree.
- Identify profiles and tag them with appropriate categories
- Spread the word to others with Slavic heritage or interest in the area
- Identify people who can help with documents or direct research
- Establish project pages for other categories under the Slavic umbrella
Croatian Roots Project
Czech Roots Project
- Czech Roots Project Page
- Regions and Districts
- Available Records
- Czech Parish Maps
- Finding Ancestors Village
- Czech One Name Studies
Polish Roots Project
- Polish Roots Project Page
- Poland: Information and Resource Library - a very in-depth information and resource page
- Administrative Divisions of Poland - list of current and historical administrative divisions of Poland
- Poland Flags and Images - various images of Poland, will also house a variety of individual województwo/Voivodeship and powiat flags.
Romanian Roots Project
Russian Roots Project
- Russian Roots Project Page
- Russia's Government and Structure - (will include politicians and government officials)
- Russian Culture - (includes Ethnic groups, language and language resources, artists, and Russian celebrities and notables)
- Russian Images
- Russian Roots Resource Library
Ukrainian Roots Project
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right on all pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards.
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging.
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers.
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile.
- Early Slavs
- Slavic Languages
- The Slavic Ethnogenesis: Identifying the Slavic Stock and Origins of the Slavs,Compiled by Andrzej Borzyskowski
- History of Slavic Languages
- Immigrants to Canada: Hungarians, Croatians, Romanians, Slovaks and Czechs
- Immigration Records on Ancestry
- Ellis Island Passenger Records
- Best Immigrant Genealogy Website List, Family Tree Magazine
- Article: Top 57 European Genealogy Websites
- Language Orthographies
- Russian Orthography
- Polish Orthography
- Czech Orthography
- Slovak Orthography
- Romani Orthography
|Present-Day countries with Slavic Roots|
This page was last modified 17:06, 8 May 2017. This page has been accessed 730 times.