The Titanic Project is a sub-project of the Disasters that covers the passengers and crew of the RMS Titanic, which sank in the Atlantic Ocean on 15 April 1912, on its maiden voyage.
How to Join
Project Coordinator: Donna Tucker Baumann
For a full list of participants, see the badge report.
If you would like to be involved in the Titanic project, please do the following:
- Add titanic to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Respond to our G2G post G2G sign up so we can award your project badge
- Check out our To-Do list for ways you can help and add yourself under the Volunteer column (let Donna Baumann know if you need help with this.)
The primary goal of the Titanic project is to have everyone aboard the ship, as well as those people who are associated with it-possible builders, designers, rescue people- represented on WikiTree with full, well-styled profiles. We also want to build pages to represent any events, items, research missions, etc, that are associated with the Titanic.
Here are some specific goals we're using to meet that primary goal:
- For each person:
- All duplicates should be merged into the final profile ID. PPP should be added if there are known duplication problems/or the person is considered notable.
- Titanic template included on the page
- Project account added as profile manager
- All relevant categories are added; discussion with the Categorization Project as necessary to create new categories as needed
- Biography is cleaned up and free of any GEDCOM leftovers, Ancestry trees with no links, etc. and styled according to Category:Styles and Standards. Use of inline citations is encouraged, and please do not copy large swaths of text from elsewhere. Paraphrase and link!
- Each individual should have a quality source or reference to their association with the Titanic - i.e. a website or published biography
- Create and attach immediate family
- Connect to the main WikiTree tree
If you have a special interest in a profile or group of profiles, add yourself to the table the profile is listed on at the end of the Profiles row. Want others to join you? Start a G2G conversation, tag it with "titanic", and add the link to the table, as well.
This list is a WIP and is currently less than 25 percent completed. You are free to work on any person. If you connect someone or update a profile, please update their entry on the approrpriate table.
Note: the women on this list are listed with the surname they had at the time of the Titanic's sinking as well as their maiden name and future surname, if known, to aid in research. If you are looking for their maiden name, it is available (if the profile is created) on the RSM Titanic page.
One thing that really strikes me about the sinking is, in a sense, it's easy to look at a list of 1500 people who died on the Titanic. That number is actually meaningless, it's so large that it's meaningless, it's 1500 numbers... It's only when you stop to think that every single solitary name on that list of victims was a human being, just like you or I... had dreams and hopes and wishes and happiness and sadness and they were all cut short by the Titanic disaster. ~ George Behe, Vice President of Titanic Historical Society, Titanic, the Complete Story (A&E Documentary)
Related Category Pages
- RMS Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:RMS_Titanic]]
- This category is automatically added when the project template is added to the profile.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:RMS_Titanic]]
- 1st Class Passengers on Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:1st_Class_Passengers_on_Titanic]]
- 2nd Class Passengers on Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:2nd_Class_Passengers_on_Titanic]]
- 3rd Class Passengers on Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:3rd_Class_Passengers_on_Titanic]]
- Passengers Servants on Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Passengers_Servants_on_Titanic]]
- Children on Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Children_on_Titanic]]
- Crew of the Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Crew_of_the_Titanic]]
- Survivors of the Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Survivors_of_the_Titanic]]
- Confirmed Shipbuilders of the Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Confirmed_Shipbuilders_of_the_Titanic]]
- Possible Shipbuilders of the Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Possible_Shipbuilders_of_the_Titanic]]
- Titanic's Just-Missed-It Club category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Titanic's_Just-Missed-It_Club]]
- Notable Relation to Titanic category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:Notable_Relation_to_Titanic]]
- White Star Line category page.
- Add to profile bio at top [[Category:White_Star_Line]]
Please go to the page Template:Titanic Sticker to find the appropriate sticker code that you then can add into the Biography section of the profile.
- This is the website I came across that inspired this project. It has biographies and photos on all the passengers and crews of the Titanic, broken down by class and other topics.
Other Helpful Links
- Wikipedia:RMS Titanic
- Wikipedia:Passengers of the RMS Titanic
- Wikipedia:Crew of the RMS Titanic
- Cyndi's List - Ships & Passenger Lists - Famous & Historical Ships. Links to websites related to famous ships, including a whole section of links related to the Titanic.
- Titanic projects on Geni.com
- Belfast Telegraph, 20 August 2015.
- Titanic Tragedy - Newsboys Sell Papers After Midnight In Washington D.C. 1912
- Titanic Grave Markers
- Titanic Mass Burial Site_Find-A-Grave
- Alamy.com_Titanic Victims Photos
- US National Archives_2012 Article, "They Said It Couldn't Sink"
- Carpathia Ship Rescue & Ship Manifest Partial Lists of Rescued from Titanic Sinking
- Paperless News Articles 1912-1922_Titanic Disaster Newspaper Archives
- Titanic Disaster British National Archives Documents
Videos & Documentaries
- Titanic- The Facts Told By Real Survivors|British Pathé
- Video/Documentary_Youtube UK Archives Documentary
- Documentary_The Full Titanic Expeditiion, Jan. 2021
- Lost Worlds, Inside the Unsinkable Titanic, Sept. 2020
- Engineers Who Died To Keep The Titanic's Lights On|Saving the Titanic
- NOAA_2003 Titanic Wreck Overview- Unreleased Footage
- Titanic Items Recovered for the Wreck_110 Pictures
This page was last modified 23:56, 17 April 2023. This page has been accessed 19,964 times.