Project: Witch Trials
The Witch Trials Project is a Sub- Project of the Black Sheep Project
Witch Trials occurred throughout Europe and some other parts of the world from about the 15th Century to the late 18th Century resulting in an estimated 70,000 to 100,000 executions. Later, there were some isolated incidents, but nothing like the mass hysteria of the 1600's.
Mission: The Witch Trials Project is to highlight the profiles of anyone that was involved in a witch trial, whether they were the accused, accuser, judge or juror.
How to Join
The Witch Trials Project is a sub-project of the
To see our current members, check out the badge feed.
The Project Coordinator for this project is Kyle Dane
You don't have to be related to a participant in a witch trial to join. Anyone with an interest in developing profiles for this project is welcome! If you would like to participate, please do the following
- Answer our G2G joining post to join and receive a badge
- Follow the WITCH_TRIALS tag on G2G.
- Initiate a Trusted List request to be added to our Project Member Page and edit the page by adding your name to the projects you are working on. We use this page to keep up with what is happening on the project.
- Please see our list of goals for a basic overview of ways you can help.
- Add profiles for witch trial participants, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Add the Witch Trials template to the profiles along with any relevant categories.
- Contact Carrie to request PPP status for those profiles that meet the criteria for project protection. This will protect them from an incorrect merge.
- Make sure profiles of all family members are correct and documented.
- Profiles need to be linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection.
How You Can Help
- See the project space page for a list of trials throughout history and add any relevant profiles. Currently, we have only added a space page for the Salem Witch Trials. Pages need to be created and developed for other witch trials and profiles added accordingly.
- Add the Witch Trial template to your profiles.
||... ... ... was involved in the Salem Witch Trials.|
Join: Witch Trials Project
If you are working on a Witch Trial profile, when you edit you can place a template on the profile above the biography heading. The template parameters allows you to add the place of the Witch Trials. Copy and paste:
- Witch Trials
- Accused Witches of New England
- Salem Witch Trials
- Witchcraft Accusers of New England
- The Bell Witch
- Death in Salem
- Narratives of the Witchcraft Cases
- Demographics of New England Witches
This page was last modified 20:13, 1 May 2017. This page has been accessed 2,565 times.