Project: Worldwide Disasters
The Worldwide Disasters Project is for profiles of individuals involved in a disaster. This includes those who perished and those who survived. This also includes rescue workers.
Natural and manmade disasters not only shape history but affect the everyday lives of the people involved. The mission of this project is to serve as a memorial to those who were victims of or survived those events. We also want to honor those rescue workers who bravely ran towards danger to save the lives of others.
Current Leader: This project is currently in need of two Leaders. If you are a Leader and are interested in working in this area, please let Julie know!
For a full list of participants, see the badge report.
How to Join
If you would like to be involved in the Worldwide Disasters project, please do the following:
- Add DISASTERS to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Answer our post in G2G to join and get your badge.
- Request to join the Google Community which is how we communicate.
- Read below to see what special guidelines might come along with being a member of the project.
For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements
- Applicable template included on the page (See Templates below)
- All relevant categories are added.
- Ancestor is entered into the appropriate category and protected with the Worldwide Disasters Template.
Worldwide Disaster Free-Space Pages
- Resource Page Disasters
- Photos, and gifs Project Images
- Worldwide Disasters Project Space Pages:
- Airplane Disasters
- Black Plague
- Building Fire
- Dust Bowl Disasters
- Earth Quakes and Tsunami
- Earthquakes on Land
- Flooding Disasters
- 1918 Flu Pandemic
- 1918 Flu News Clippings
- 1947 Texas City Disaster
- Forest Fires
- Hurricanes and Cyclones
- Hurricane of 1918
- Industrial Fire
- Military Disasters
- Worldwide Mining Disasters
- Mudslide Disasters
- New London, Texas School Explosion
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- Shipping Disasters
- South Carolina Floods
- Tennessee Floods
- Train Disasters
- Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire of 1911
- Tornados Disasters
- Volcanic Eruptions
- Wyoming Mining Disasters
- This is also part of the subproject: Worldwide Mining Disasters, Coordinator Sheryl Moore
Worldwide Disasters is a top level project; as such it makes use of sub-projects falling under this umbrella.
- 9/11 Project Coordinator, Matt Pryber
- Titanic Project Coordinator: Lucy Goodman
- Worldwide Mining Disasters Coordinator: Sheryl Moore
- Represents the global industrial disasters of coal, metals/nonmetals, and gold mining to memorialize and support the world's miners. Environmental disasters resulting from mining not included, e.g., water pollution, truck accidents bringing materials to a mining site, chemical spills, etc.
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Language Resources Help with translations
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 11:53, 10 October 2017. This page has been accessed 3,748 times.