Project: Worldwide Disasters
The Worldwide Disasters Project is for profiles of individuals involved in a disaster. This includes those who perished and those who survived. This also includes rescue workers.
Natural and manmade disasters not only shape history but affect the everyday lives of the people involved. The mission of this project is to serve as a memorial to those who were victims of or survived those events. We also want to honor those rescue workers who bravely ran towards danger to save the lives of others.
How to Join
- Leaders: Irene Dillon
- Coordinators: Mary Richardson; Lynette Jester - Worldwide Disasters; Need PC- Worldwide Mining Disasters Project; Matt Pryber - 9/11 Project; Luci Goodman - Titanic Project
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Worldwide Disasters project and get a badge.
- Add disasters to your followed tags.
- We use Worldwide Disasters Project Google Group for communication.
- Check out our maintenance categories for our project needs, then jump in and start helping!
- Worldwide Disasters Project Member List.
- Here is what our members are working on.
- Read below to see what special guidelines might come along with being a member of the project.
- You can also add a comment to this page to express your interest to join.
- Read Goals sections below to see what special guidelines might appear, depending on the type of Disaster. Your interest/talents in any of these areas in progress are a great asset!!
- Worldwide Disaster pages - The pages are covering topics of disasters as previously suggested. NOTE: This does not mean we have covered all disasters.. We appreciate any suggestions for new Disasters.
- The Project Box may be added to WikiTree biographies which had suffered one of these disasters.
For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements
- Applicable Project Box is included on the page
- All relevant categories are added.
- Ancestor is entered into the appropriate category and protected with the Worldwide Disasters Project
- For any Space page or project page sources should always be included.
Project Box and Sticker
- Gillian Thomas Current Leader of Worldwide Disasters, from Australia,
- Irene Dillon Current Leader from Australia.
- Terry Wright, Australia, Design and development of Overall Disaster Pages, Snowstorms, typhoons, hurricanes, Mudslides, fires, with brand and original template, Fires, Landslides, (an original leader of Worldwide Disasters)
- Paula J South Carolina Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes (an original leader of Worldwide Disasters)
- Terri (Reynolds) Rick Gave us the ideas, Categories, Leader Emeritus, (An original leader of Worldwide Disasters).
- Mary Richardson -development and writing of Project Disaster Pages, with leaders: Dust Bowl, Black Plague, Forest Fires, Floods, Tornadoes, Black Plague, typhoons,
- Lynette Jester TriState Tornadoes, Texas City Explosions, and Overall Disasters
- David Wilson Developed the Brand, work on the overall Worldwide disasters Pages, Categories, creation of the disasters pages, brand. Set up the Google group.
- Summer Binkley Orman Tennessee Floods Disaster
- Dorothy Barry floods!!
- Jourdi Cleghorn Missouri tornado
- Dean Anderson Wyoming Mining Explosions, Texas cemeteries
- Natalie Gardner Halifax Explosion
- Stephanie(Obrien) Meredith grandfather in Shipping disasters
Worldwide Mining Disasters
- Sheryl Moore Project Coordinator - Worldwide Mining Disasters Project
- Anne (Baker) Owen Coal Mining Disasters in Kentucky & Ohio under Worldwide Mining Disasters
- Nan (Lambert) Starjak - Cherry Coal Mine Disaster in Illinois under Worldwide Mining Disasters
- Joan Williams Whitaker - coal miner's daughter, coal mining ancestors, Coal Mining Disasters in Yorkshire, England under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- Iain Old - Scotland Mining under Worldwide Mining Disasters
- Linda Bell Nordby coal miner's daughter. Coal mining disasters and profiles in BC and Alberta, Canada under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- Joan (Williams) Whitaker - a coal miner's daughter, completing mining disasters in Yorkshire, England and creating the miners' and family profiles involved in those disasters under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- Lynn Hemrick - coal mining disasters in England and creating the miners' and family profiles involved in those disasters under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- George "Steve" Maxted - coal mining disasters Seaham Coal Mining Disasters in England and Washington State under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- Anne Baker - coal mining disasters in Kentucky and Ohio Valley in US and creating the profiles of those victims under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
- Lianne Trevarthen - working principally on profiles of those involved in Waikato, New Zealand coal mining disasters under Worldwide Mining Disasters.
Worldwide Disaster Free-Space Pages
- Resource Page Disasters
- Photos, and gifs Project Images
- Worldwide Disasters Project Space Pages:
- Airplane Disasters
- Black Plague
- Building Fire
- Crail Fishing Disaster - Crail, Fife, Scotland 1765
- Dust Bowl Disasters
- Earth Quakes and Tsunami
- Earthquakes on Land
- Flooding Disasters
- 1918 Flu Pandemic
- 1918 Flu News Clippings
- Forest Fires
- Hurricanes and Cyclones
- Hurricane of 1918
- Industrial Fire
- Military Disasters
- Mudslide Disasters
- New London, Texas School Explosion
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- Shipping Disasters
- South Carolina Floods
- Tennessee Floods*
- Texas City Disaster
- The Planes of 9/11 unfinished page
- The Wreck of the Osmanli New Page
- First Responders Mary G. New
- Spartanburg County, South Carolina Line of Duty Deaths Mary G, In Progress
- Harris County, Texas Line of Duty Deaths by Steven Harris
- First Responders Mary G. New
Worldwide Disasters is a top level project; as such it makes use of sub-projects falling under this umbrella.
- 9/11 Project Project Coordinator: Matt Pryber
- Represents the global mining disasters of coal, metals/nonmetals, and gold mining to memorialize and support the world's miners. Environmental disasters resulting from mining not included, e.g., water pollution, truck accidents bringing materials to a mining site, chemical spills, etc.
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Wikipedia categories for Disasters Wikipedia breakdown of disasters catergories
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Language Resources Help with translations
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 15:13, 14 June 2018. This page has been accessed 6,369 times.