This project is part of the United States Project
Welcome to the Wyoming State Project!
The state of Wyoming was previously part of the Wyoming Territory and became the 44th state of the U.S. on July 10, 1890.
How to Join
It is not necessary that you be related to someone who lived in the state of Wyoming or live there yourself to join. Anyone with an interest is welcome! If you would like to participate, please do the following:
- Project Leaders: Azure Robinson
- Coordinators: needed contact project leadership if interested in becoming Project Coordinator
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Wyoming project and get a badge.
- Add Wyoming to your followed tags.
- We use G2G and #united-states channel on the WikiTree Discord Server for communication.
- Check out our maintenance categories for our project needs, then jump in and start helping!
- Here is the Wyoming project's Suggestion List. Working on these is a great way to contribute.
The purpose of this project is to coordinate all Wyoming-related projects and resources and combine that information into one place. Our goal is to create and develop profiles on WikiTree for those who lived in the state of Wyoming.
The following table will provide links to space pages for each county in Wyoming. If you would like to be a member of a county, send the project leader a private message, and you will be added to the trusted list. Currently, all counties need team leaders!
- Add Wyoming-related profiles, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- See the Wyoming State Maintenance Category "Needs" categories
- Needs GEDCOM Cleanup If profiles were loaded by GEDCOM, use WikiTree Styles and Standards to clean up residue and broken links.
- Needs Biography: Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Needs Profiles Created: Profiles need to be linked to the greater WikiTree. Try to find the connection. Make sure profiles of all family members are correct and documented.
- Needs More Records: Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources.
- Add profiles for those who obtained land grants and homesteaded in Wyoming. See the Homesteaders Project
- Help develop the Native Americans Project with information about Wyoming state tribes.
- Add profiles for the men who died in World War I, serving from Wyoming in the Great War project and for the Roll of Honor project.
- Would you like to lead a county sub-project? these counties need a Team Leader
- If you're interested in coordinating a place study for somewhere in Wyoming, see the join post for the One Place Studies Project. Here are some ideas for studies:
- Cemeteries in Wyoming need to be photographed and the categories added to profiles on WikiTree.
- Location categories for places in Wyoming need the CategoryInfoBox Location filled in with information. If you're interested in helping with this effort, contact project leadership to get you started.
- Work on Wyoming's unconnected and unsourced profiles.
- Work on Suggestions for profiles from Wyoming, as reported by the Data Doctors Project.
- If you find a free online resource:
- If you have any Wyoming state resources that you are willing to do lookups on, please add them to the Resources Page.
- If you live in Wyoming, please consider adding Category: Wyoming Research Assistance to your Wikitree profile page.
- Wyoming Category page
Projects and Pages
- Homesteaders Project
- Native Americans Project
- US Governors Project
- Wyoming in the Great War
- United States in World War II
- Wyoming disasters in the Disasters Project
- One Place Studies Project
- Western Red Cedars Team for Big Annual Challenges
|... ... ... is a part of Wyoming history.
Join: Wyoming Project
For profiles needing Project Protection only. Be sure to add the United States Project as manager of the profile: email@example.com
See: Oregon Sticker for more details
See: Nonmigrating Ancestory Sticker for more details
This sticker has more flexibility
This page was last modified 19:03, 3 May 2023. This page has been accessed 895 times.