Dorothy Scott (1747-1830), daughter of Justice Edmund Quincy of Massachusetts, married the famous John Hancock in 1775.
With Hancock she had two children, and neither lived to see their teens. After Hancock's death, she remarried to Captain James Scott and lived with him in New Hampshire until his death in 1809. She then moved back to her hometown of Boston, Massachusetts, where she lived until her death.
Contemporary chroniclers record that Dorothy Scott was a beautiful, well spoken, intelligent, strong-willed, and a great hostess.
Dorothy Quincy ... 
"Dorothy Quincy, daughter of Edmund Quincy IV and his wife Elizabeth (Wendell) Quincy was born in 1747. She married 1st at Fairfield, Connecticut on August 28, 1775 to Hon. John Hancock (1737-1793) and 2nd in 1796 to James Scott. She died February 3, 1830 at Boston."
- ↑ Entered by Raymond Nichols, Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
- ↑ Holly, H. Hobart. Descendants of Edmund Quincy 1602-1637 who settled in what is now Quincy, Massachusetts in 1635. Quincy, Massachusetts; Quincy Historical Society; 1977. pg 6.
- Holly, H. Hobart. Descendants of Edmund Quincy 1602-1637 who settled in what is now Quincy, Massachusetts in 1635. Quincy, Massachusetts; Quincy Historical Society; 1977. pg 6.
Can you add any information on Dorothy Quincy? Please help grow her WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Dorothy's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Dorothy is 13 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 10 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 21 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 19 degrees from David Selman and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.