|Lynden Rodriguez Aug 2020|
- UPDATE: Another curlycue-ish thing to occur now, is that I have another infection that is far more insidious. My Case Manager Nurse began another treatment that will kill any bacteria in the wound. I am also expecting another antibiotic from my primary physician. When it rains it pours (15 Mar 2021).
- UPDATE: We had the first of our covid-19 vaccinations last Friday. We will go for the second vaccination next month (7 Mar 2021).
- UPDATE: Ok! Got a prescription for reading glasses yesterday. I will be taking it to my regular Optometrist. Still at a standstill on the open wound and my surgeon's hope to get me to a diagnostic colonoscopy. I received a phone appointment to a gastroenterologist, who will determine how urgent I may need one. This was my surgeon's idea, mind you! More to come after I speak with the gastroenterologist; but that won't happen until March 2021 (16 Jan 2021).
- UPDATE: As of last Monday, I now have perfect sight in my right eye. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had perfect sight in my right eye. I am so thankful to God, to medical science, and Dr. Rimmer. It will be a while before they can do surgery on my left eye. But I am so happy. My new sight is my Christmas present. Merry Christmas everyone! (5 Dec 2020).
- UPDATE: I am having cataract surgery with a lens insert on Monday, 30 Nov 2020. I won't be able to be on line for up to three days following the procedure. Keep me in your prayers (26 Nov 2020).
- UPDATE: Things are looking up for once. I may soon have cataract surgery, maybe even a knee replacement, and it looks like the fistulas are finally on their way to healing completely. Keep me and my family in your prayers! (2 Nov 2020).
- UPDATE: COVID-19 Report: We have all vastly improved. Our family member did not have to go to the hospital after all. Everyone is back to work, except us retired folks. And even then, we all do some sort of work in and around the house (13 Sep 2020).
- UPDATE: Coming up for air. Our family has been experiencing COVID-19. All are doing well, except one. Our family member may have to be admitted to the hospital (9 Aug 2020).
- UPDATE: Some good news today! Even though there is still a lot of drainage from my open wound, the nurse said it looks like it is closing up. Even my daughter (who is also one of my nurses) said there was a decided change even since last night. Hooray! Not out of the woods yet, but at least things are moving in the right direction for once. Must be all my husband's prayers. Thank you, St. Rita of Cascia! Saint of the Impossible. (1 Jul 2020)
- UPDATE: Lately, a hypergrandulated skin flap developed directly underneath my open wound. I had to ask for a WoundTech Nurse to come see me. She came out, and in one treatment with meta-honey, it was gone. However, a small hole remained. So now she has to treat that. It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's it in a nutshell. The never ending saga! (11 Jun 2020).
- UPDATE: I actually went to have my teeth cleaned today! Everybody was following CDC guidelines, etc., and I actually enjoyed the visit. COVID-19 isn't gone, but hopefully they will have a vaccine for it by fall or winter (21 May 2020).
- UPDATE: Can't believe it! I actually got to SEE my neurologist during this pandemic, only to learn there is still seizure activity in my brain. What next? (8 May 2020).
- UPDATE: Took the last of my antibiotic for another infection in my fistula. I hope it takes this time! (23 Apr 2020).
- UPDATE: Got my new laptop. As soon as I figure things out, I'll be good to go (10 Apr 2020).
- UPDATE: Now my laptop tanked. Thankfully I have saved an old copy of a manuscript I was working on. But my journals in manuscript form are lost. Thankfully, my longhand journals are at hand. Keep me in your prayers (29 Mar 2020).
- UPDATE: On top of everything, I had an infection at the fistula site. It's gone now. But now we have the Coronavirus! (COVID-19) to contend with (16 Mar 2020.)
- UPDATE: I have another complication. I may have an infection at the site of one of the fistulas. My nurses will be in contact with my primary. Keep me in your prayers (1 Mar 2020).
- UPDATE: I have lost 35 pounds since I was in the hospital last September. Always a plus side, I guess! (19 Feb 2020).
- UPDATE: Keeping my fingers crossed. After almost six months since my surgery to remove a colonic abscess, and to treat diverticulitis, the healing is winding down. My nurses are still working to keep the wound open in order for the underlying fistulas to close. Keep all your prayers and notes coming in. They are much appreciated (9 Feb 2020).
- UPDATE: Long story short: Landed in hospital January 2nd, in 6 days. Diagnosis for of all things "petite mal" (little seizure). I have to wrap my head around this one (13 Jan 2020).
- UPDATE: On the third day of Prednisone. Things are better. Oh, I forgot to mention, I’ve lost about 30 pounds since being in the hospital (30 Dec 2019).
- UPDATE: I went to our local urgent care last night (Dec 16). I have bronchitis. I’m coughing my lungs out. So sorry, I won’t be up to Christmas at all (17 Dec 2019).
- UPDATE: I am feeling better. I had another close call the day after Thanksgiving. I ended up in ER with seriously low blood pressure. It took them all day to decide if they were going to keep me or not. They let me go finally, and I went home to a turkey sandwich! Oh, I forgot to mention. I have lost 22 pounds since being in the hospital (8 Dec 2019).
- UPDATE: I am feeling so much better. The ‘complication’ is still with me, but it is due to my surgeon’s wish to see that the fistulas heal naturally, even though the wound itself wants to heal. The work now is to keep the wound open, so that whatever is beneath it heals. (23 Nov 2019)
- UPDATE: There is still that complication, but nothing to resolve it yet. Keep me in your prayers. (14 Nov 2019)
- UPDATE: Complication about my open wound has developed. I see my surgeon this afternoon. None of this bodes well. I may be in surgery again very soon. (1 Nov 2019)
- UPDATE: I feel like I take one step forward, only to be pushed two steps back. Never a happy medium. (26 Oct 2019)
- UPDATE: Unfortunately, there is a complication in my condition. My RN has been trying to get in touch with my surgeon for further orders. Needless to say this puts a damper on my research. (12 Oct 2019)
- UPDATE: Discharged 26 Sep 2019. I’ve still got a ways to go with a wound and overall body strengthening. One day at a time. (27 Sep 2019)
- UPDATE: Been in the hospital 11 days. Now in rehab. Keep me in your prayers (15 Sep 2019)
- UPDATE: First of all, thank you to those of you were actually reading my blather on my page. It is much appreciated. I got a call today for a referral to a new Orthopedist. I know that I probably won't have surgery due to being over weight, but it is a breath of fresh air.
- I have learned (and it is always wise to admit you have been wrong all these years) I can drink a lot of water and not blow up like a balloon! In fact, I have been losing weight. It's about all that I drink now. I will let you all know how all of this transpires. (26 Aug 2019).
- UPDATE: I have taken my sixth fall in three years. This one is the more serious. My leg is black and blue. Before this, I had a strange incident with my Orthopedist of many years. He told me I didn't have to see him anymore. I didn't know what to say or do. It's obvious I will not be seeing him anymore, but not because I don't need to see him anymore, but because he's acting erratically. I will be requesting a referral for a new Orthopedist. So strange. (22 Aug 2019)
|Lynden Rodriguez AncestryDNA|
|Stay where you are - find your own Calcutta|
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Lynden is 18 degrees from Carrie Fisher, 27 degrees from David Prowse, 24 degrees from Peter Mayhew, 21 degrees from Christopher Lee, 22 degrees from Kenny Baker, 26 degrees from Jeremy Bulloch, 28 degrees from Peter Cushing, 19 degrees from Alec Guinness, 20 degrees from Max von Sydow, 28 degrees from Sebastian Shaw, 23 degrees from Grant Imahara and 18 degrees from Anne Guglik on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.
Categories: Profile Improvement Project | Descendants of Robert Royce of Connecticut | Clan Dunlop | Scotland Project | San Bernardino, California | Raber-23 | Andrus Name Study | Butler Name Study | Raber Name Study | Threlkeld Name Study | Descendants of Penobscot | Mayflower Descendants on WikiTree | Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites | New Netherland Settlers Project | Magna Carta Recognition Stickers | En | Es-2 | Washington Name Study | Stone Name Study | Southern Pioneers Project Member