Marriage Estimate 6 NOV 1782; Caswell Co., NC - Nathan/Nathaniel Duncan
To Be determined which of the two Nathaniel's was GA vs KY
1. Duncan-2389 Nathaniel Duncan m. Jane Rainey and died in GA
2. Duncan-9 - Nathaniel Duncan m. (? Rainey) and died in KY
1. Jane Rainey married Nathaniel Duncan in North Carolina and is the only Rainey marriage located. However that Jane & Nathaniel later moved to Wilkes Co GA and Nathaniel died about 1806 in Greene, Georgia.
2. This may be a "Contemporary Jane" Rainey (or Nancy) who may have been a sister or cousin. This Rainey Profile involves the family that went from Caswell Co NC to Henderson Co. KY. This may be a daughter of James or William, with property bordering the Duncan prperty
-- looks like James may have a dau Nancy, but no marriage record found. James & William appear to be sons of John (father of Jane).
- Looks like most everyone has linked "Jenny" up with a variety of Nathan/Nathaniels presumably because it looks to be the "only NC Marriage found (recorded)", and no other documentation to clarify .
Is Jane your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or contact
the profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Jane by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share some percentage of DNA with Jane: