Biography of James Ramsay
- James Ramsay of Cockpen was the son of George Ramsay of Dalhousie and Elizabeth Hepburn.
- He married Elizabeth Ramsay, daughter of David Ramsay of Clatty, on 5 April 1570.1 He died in November 1580. In 1569 he had a charter for Cockpen.
Children of James Ramsay of Cockpen and Elizabeth Ramsay
- David Ramsay
- Elizabeth Ramsay
- Sir George Ramsay, 1st Lord Ramsay of Dalhousie b. a 1570, d. b 22 Jul 1629
- BP2003 volume 1, page 1019.
- Source: Title: UK, Extracted Probate Records Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2009.Original data - Electronic databases created from various publications of probate records.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of James's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 29 Apr 2016 at 05:25 GMT Michelle McQueen wrote:
James is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 19 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.