|Page 14 of Revolutionary War Pension for Widow, Lydia Dill Randolph|
Many trees on ancestry and other places will list Abraham Randolph's full name as John Abraham Randolph. This researcher has not located a single document with his first name as John. He received a land deed from his father under name of Abraham, first census he is Abraham, fought in Revolutionary War as Abraham and wife received a pension from her husband, Abraham Randolph.
At this time his mother is unknown. There are online trees available with various mother's listed; however, there isn't any documentation to back any of these women as the mother of Abraham Randolph or as the wife of James Randolph.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR Genealogical Research Databases, database online, (http://www.dar.org/ : accessed November 27, 2016), "Record of Abraham Randolph", Ancestor # A094157.
- Caswell County North Carolina Deed Books 1777-1817 by Katharine Kerr Kendall; Publisher Southern Press. 1989. Easley, South Carolina. Deed Bk A.; #657 - James Randolph of CC to Abram Randolph of same, for love of his son, 90 A on fork of Smith's Mill Cr adj Abrum Dunaway, Reuben Taylor, Wm. Randolph, Robert Randolph. Wit.: Ad Murphy, H. Harralson, Benj. Debow.
- Ancestry.com. 1810 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch. 1810; Census Place: Greenville, South Carolina; Roll: 62; Page: 522; Image: 00120; Family History Library Film: 018142. Household of Abraham Randal.
- Ancestry.com. 1830 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Lawrence, Alabama; Series: M19; Roll: 1; Page: 278; Family History Library Film: 0002328.
- Ledgers of Payments, 1818-1872, to U.S. Pensioners Under Acts of 1818 Through 1858 From Records of the Office of the Third Auditor of the Treasury, 1818-1872; (National Archives Microfilm Publication T718, 23 rolls); Records of the Accounting Officers of the Department of the Treasury, Record Group 217; National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files at fold3.com; W. 11,108 for Lydia Randolph, widow of Abraham Randolph of North Carolina Service.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial #13575451 in Fergason Cemetery, Hatton, Lawrence County, Alabama, USA
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Abraham by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abraham:
- Eddie Pike : 23andMe, GEDMatch 833ffe7
- Stephen Newport : 23andMe, GEDMatch M616999
- Judith (Herdt) Dressel : 23andMe
- Geneadiva (Tull) Mere : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member Shadowfile + Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A351443
- Mary Frances James : AncestryDNA + Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A458481
- Rose Tull : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member MargaretTull
- Sandy (Davis) Perkins : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A087833, Ancestry member PRKNSSAND
- Gregory (McBeath) MacBeth : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A696034, Ancestry member USMC7312
- Caroline James : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A355945, Ancestry member fingertrapt
- Rick Johnson : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member RickJohnson63
- Stephen Laird : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A852991, Ancestry member PRKNSSAND
- Ryan King : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member lymanj2004
- Connie Randolph.Schnatz : AncestryDNA
- Katbird (Mere) Meredith : Autosomal DNA Test, GEDMatch A124522
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 3 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Geneadiva Mere, Rose Tull, Katbird Meredith, and Jodi Frey. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Abraham is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 11 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 24 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.