- William Rankin's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William Rankin served in the American Revolutionary war.
He was born on January 27, 1759 in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania and died on December 13, 1833 in Greene County, Tennessee.
- ↑ Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR Genealogical Research Databases, database online, (http://www.dar.org/ : accessed July 21, 2016), "Record of William Rankin", Ancestor # A094406.
- ↑ William's marriage record is on familysearch.com
- Hatcher, Patricia Law Title: Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999.Original data - Hatcher, Patricia Law. Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots. Dallas, TX, USA: Pioneer Heritage Press, 1987.Original data: Hatcher, Patricia Law.
- Dodd, Jordan Title: Tennessee Marriages to 1825 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1997.Original data - Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Tennessee.
- U.S. Pensioners, 1818-1872 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.Original data - Ledgers of Payments, 1818-1872, to U.S. Pensioners Under Acts of 1818 Through 1858 From Records of the Office of the Third Auditor of the Treasury, 1818-1872.
- Jackson, Ron V., Accelerated Indexing Systems, comp. Title: Tennessee Census, 1810-91 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999.Original data - Compiled and digitized by Mr. Jackson and AIS from microfilmed schedules of the U.S. Federal Decennial Census, territorial/state censuses, and/or census substitutes.
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002 Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.Original data - Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002. Nashville, TN, USA: Tennessee State Library and Archives. Microfilm.Original data: Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002.
- U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.Original data - Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls.
- WikiTree profile Rankin-474 created through the import of Rankin-Ridgdill Family Tree.ged on Oct 4, 2011 by Elizabeth Rankin.
- Thank you to Brent Biggs for creating WikiTree profile Rankin-956 through the import of Biggs Family Tree - DNA Link_2013-08-17.ged on Aug 17, 2013.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 13 Apr 2014 at 16:29 GMT Michelle (Bairfield) Brooks wrote:
William is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 33 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 19 degrees from Bob Keniston, 22 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.