Probate Of Elijah Richmond's Estate (blog post)  ...to my son James Richmond one hundred dollars (provided he my son James shall after being notified of this instrument call for the same within five years without interest)...
Will of James Richmond of Bloomfield, Wisconsin (blog post)  The Last Will and Testament of James Richmond, son of Elijah & Elizabeth (Fowler) Richmond:
STATE OF WISCONSIN No. 2592 Walworth County Court IN PROBATE
In the Matter of Last Will and Testament of James Richmond, deceased, of town of Bloomfield, Wis.
Court Record, Vol. -1- Page 217 Vol. 14 Page 598, 613 Vol. 16 Page 310, 321
The petition of Ira Pratt Richmond of the town of Bloomfield in said county, respectfully represents that James Richmond late of the town of Bloomfield aforesaid deceased on the fifteenth day of December 1874 at the residence of Newman Acker in said town died testate, as the petitioner believes; that the instrument in writing herewith presented to this Court, is the Last Will and Testament of said deceased, as petitioner believes; that he, the said petitioner is the child and sole heir of said deceased; that Wm D. Chapin named and appointed in and by said last will and testament executor thereof___accepting said Inst. (Etc.)
Known all men by these presents that I, James Richmond of the town of Bloomfield, County of Walworth, state of Wisconsin, a farming laborer being of sound mind & memory do make, declare & publish this my last will & testament.
1. First, (crossed out words) of all, is reserved of my property, sufficient to defray the expenses of my sickness, burial & funeral expenses. Also to purchase & to place at my grave, a set of good, substantial, gravestones. Also a set of good, substantial grave stones for my deceased sister Mrs. Harriet Garrett(Garvitt) , which also are to be placed at her grave.
2. I give & bequeath to my nephew Melvill Richmond, age 4 years, 1 grey colt, (gelding) & buffalo robe, they being at the residence of Ira P. Richmond's.
3. I give & bequeath to Mrs. Huldah Sherman, one of my bedspreads & Mrs. Acker is to have the other one.
4. I give & bequeath to my brother, Ira P. Richmond, the black Bombagine Cloth, for a summer coat, it is in the bureau I have at his house.
5. I give & bequeath to my niece, Sarah Weatherwax, my large Bible.
6. I give & bequeath to Arretta Acker my niece, my photograph album.
The _____ of all my other effects, goods, notes, property, & credit, of whatever character, I give & bequeath to my son Pratt Richmond, in testimony of the love & good will I bear to him. I do hereby nominate & appoint Wm Densmore Chapin to be the sole administrator & executor of this my last will & testament& seal, & publish & decree this to be my last will & testament in presence of those witnesses named below, this tenth day of December 1874. James Richmond (signed)
Signed, sealed, declared, & published by the said James Richmond, as, & for his last will & testament in presence of us, who at his request & in his presence & in presence of each other, have subscribed our names, as witnesses hereto. Chas R. Foster Of Bloomfield, Walworth Co. [Newman] Acker Of Bloomfield, Walworth Co.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
James is 19 degrees from Claude Monet, 19 degrees from Gigi Tanksley and 17 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.