- Eliphaz Riley's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The "Harris Family Tree but Mostly the Rileys" says:
- ID: I11398
- Name: ELIPHAZ RILEY
- Sex: M
- Birth: ABT 1688 in Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- PROP: purchased Hop yard tract
- Will: 08 DEC 1759
- Note: "Will of Eliphaz Riley
- Written: 8 Dec. 1759; proven: 30 May 1760. "To son-in-law Capt. Robert Douglas, and dau. Mary, his wife, 30 A. of land being part of tract called "the Hop-Yard," including the houses where Peregrine McNess did lately live. To daus. Rachel and Ann, remaining pt. of Hop-Yard, inclusive of 30 A. to be equally divided between them; if they die without hrs., to fall to James Riley (son of Jeremiah Riley), my grand-son. To dau. Rachel, slaves. To dau. Ann, slaves and furniture. To grand-sons James Riley, son of John Riley, and James Riley above- mentioned son of Jeremiah Riley, cattle.
- To son John Riley, 5 lbs. EX: Son John Riley
- WIT: Edward Willett, Wm. Young, Walter Evans"
:Occupation: tavern owner
- Religion: Episcopalian
- Event 1750: requested license for an ordinary or tavern
- Event: Ancestor of the Alabama Rileys
- Event: Rock Creek Episcopal Church, St. Paul's Parish Membership
- Death: 20 MAY 1760 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Event: signed petition for new county from Prince George's & Frederick's (Montgomery Co)
- Event: Reformed Church of England Membership
- Father: HUGH RILEY b: 1653 in Piscataway, Prince George's, Maryland
- Mother: MARGARET PLUMMER b: 1655 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Marriage - ELIZABETH BURKETT b: 1688 in Scotland [sic=1694 in Calvert Co., Maryland]
- Married: 1713 in Prince George's, Maryland, USA
- JEREMIAH RILEY b: 1730 in Prince George's, Maryland
- John M. RILEY Sr b: ABT 1716 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Samuel RILEY Sr b: ABT 1720 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Ninian RILEY Sr b: 18 MAR 1726 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Eleanor RILEY b: 05 JAN 1715 in Prince George's, Maryland
- James RILEY b: BET 1724 AND 1728 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Mary RILEY b: 1718 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Ann RILEY b: ABT 1724 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Rachel RILEY b: 1728 in Prince George's, Maryland
- Christian Burkett RILEY b: ABT 1726 in Prince George's, Maryland
- George RILEY b: ABT 1734
- Hugh RILEY b: ABT 1736
- Joseph RILEY b: ABT 1738
Burial: May, 1760, at George Washington Cemetery, Adelphi, Prince George's County, Maryland
- ↑ Harris Family Tree but Mostly the Rileys - Eliphaz Riley
- ↑ html Swanson-McVay Family Tree - Michael McVay
- ↑ See preceding Note.
- ↑ See preceding Note.
- ↑ /descplummer.pdf Descendants of Walter Plummer Tree
- ↑ See Note 2
- ↑ See Note 2
- ↑ David Talbot Sr., "Ancestors of Maolmordha "Miles" Riley" (1873); 18737.htm Talbot Family History on Freepages
- ↑ See preceding note.
https://familysearch.org # L23T-1CR for burial site.
- WikiTree profile Riley-445 was created through the import of Kelley Family Tree.ged by James Kelley on Jan. 14, 2011.
- WikiTree profile Riley-1221 was created through the import of larson.ged on Jan 27, 2012 by Erik Larson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Erik and others.
- A WikiTree profile for this person was created by James Kirkland, firsthand knowledge, Dec 17, 2012 . Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by James and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Eliphaz by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Eliphaz:
- Janet (Bennett) Foster : 23andMe, GEDMatch M201420 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M201420, FTDNA kit #B2219
- Robert McCarty : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A204150, Ancestry member lynzsg, FTDNA kit #24694 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F24694, FTDNA kit #24694
- Loretta Leger : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A124004, Ancestry member loretta_corbin
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chet Snow, Sam Bowden, James Kelley, Herbert Wolfe, James Kirkland, and Erik Larson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Aug 2015 at 19:55 GMT Corinne (Aubel) McCarty wrote:
On 31 Mar 2014 at 16:39 GMT Holly (Knight) Battle wrote:
Eliphaz is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 23 degrees from Bob Dylan, 17 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 19 degrees from Michael Phelps and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.