- Jack R. Ruschmeyer's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Data Changed:
- Date: 19 MAR 2009
Prior to import, this record was last changed 19 MAR 2009 .
- Type: Obituary
- Date: 18 MAR 2009
- Note: Jack Ruschmeyer, 93, died Sunday, March 15, 2009. A Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, March 20th, at Westminster Presbyterian Church, with Jim Wallace officiating, directed by Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home, 542 Hickory
- Jack Ruschmeyer was the son of Henry and Cecil (McClain) Ruschmeyer. He was born April 22, 1915 in Boone, Iowa, where he led an active life. His activities began with selling Ladies Home Journal, Country Gentleman and Saturday Evening Post magazines when he was only 10 years old, then peddling the local newspaper as well as selling the Chicago newspaper at the train station. Jack proudly served in the U.S. Navy from 1944 until 1946.
- He always attended Sunday School and was presently a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church. During his school years he was the pitcher for the baseball team, playing his last game at age 42. After high school in Boone, Iowa, he graduated from Cornell College in 1939 with a BA degree in chemistry. While in college he met Margaret Pierce whom he married in 1940 and enjoyed over 60 years of marriage. After his marriage, he promptly joined the Rath Packing Co. in Waterloo, Iowa. After working up to Plant Superintendent in 1962, he joined Peyton Packing in El Paso, Texas, then on to Abilene to Gooch Packing Co. as superintendent, retiring in 1985 as Vice President of Operations. To continue being active, he volunteered at the Buffalo Gap Presbyterian Camp for 24 years, serving on the Board for many years. He also volunteered at the Food Bank for 19 years, Meals on Wheels for 16 years, and Presbyterian Medical Care Mission for 16 years, and Christ House Day Care Center. Jack was a very active volunteer until retiring in 2006 following an auto accident that affected his mobility. A devoted Presbyterian, Jack had served on the board of elders in Waterloo, Iowa, El Paso, Texas, and Abilene.
- He was predeceased by his parents, two brothers, Gerald and Max Ruschmeyer, two sisters, Mrs. Walter R. Wilson and Mrs. Robert Rasley, and a brother-in-law, Robert Pierce. Survivors include his wife, Margaret Elaine Ruschmeyer of Abilene; daughter, Victoria R. Puffer of San Antonio, TX; brother, Phillip Ruschmeyer of Woodruff, WI; two granddaughters, Margaret Smitley and Elizabeth P. Griffin, both of San Antonio; a grandson, John R. Puffer of Sugar Land, TX; and eight great-grandchildren.
- Memorials may be made to Westminster Presbyterian Church Food Bank, Meals on Wheels, Buffalo Gap Presbyterian Ministry, or Presbyterian Medical Care Mission.
- Abeline Reporter News, http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/18/no-headline---deaths/
- WikiTree profile Ruschmeyer-19 created through the import of MOORMAN FAMILY.GED on May 31, 2011 by Mary Elizabeth Stewart. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Mary Elizabeth and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Jack R.'s Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Jack R. is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 23 degrees from Peter Roberts and 21 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.