[private sister (1950s - unknown)] and [private sister (1950s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 15 Sep 2019
| Created 14 Mar 2017 | Last significant change: 15 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 3,392 times.
Test Russell-13872 17:44, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
GEDCOM GEDCOMPARE Military_AND_WAR WORLD_WAR_I WORLD_WAR_II CIVIL_WAR Announcements
Remember the WikiTree Golden Rule.
If you haven't learned anything new in the last week,
you haven't made enough mistakes. ;)
L J Russell has German Roots.
L J Russell has Welsh ancestors.
L J Russell has Irish ancestors.
L J Russell has Slavic Roots.
I love history. I'm retired now and currently residing in the Pittsburgh Area. I am looking up my family lines. They are Russell(Rusnak) and Johnson on my father's side. And Cypher and Coughlin on my mother's side.
My main interest is in the Tri-State Area comprising Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and the West Virginia Panhandle. A little bit of Maryland, most around Baltimore, as well. It appears that once my ancestors got to America, whenever they found a spot they liked, they stayed.
My family, both direct and through marriage, were some of the first to come to Western Pennsylvania in the late 1700's. One of the first schools in Butler Co., PA , was on my G-G-G-G-Grandfather's farm. And while I have not found any verified information to prove so, knowing my family's penchant for spirits, they probably were involved in the Whiskey Rebellion too. LOL
My heritage is the British Isles and Ireland, as well as Germany and France (Hesse and Alsace-Lorraine) and Carpathia. And a touch of Dutch in there for good measure.
Have been doing a lot of research on Ancestry and will load data from there when I feel it is good enough to go "into the wild". I have around 12,000 names spread across various Family Trees on Ancestry. I include In-Laws and their family in my trees. Odd how those names always seem to pop up along some other branch. Sadly, I have hit the Watch List Name Limit and have had to Orphan many Profiles who were distantly related by marriage.
- I joined the Pennsylvania Cemetery Project. I find the addition of cemetery categories to your Profiles quite enlightening. It can be interesting how many different branches of your Tree may be interred in the same cemetery never knowing the other was possibly related, albeit distantly, or even existed.
Updating My Older Profiles
- As many of us found out when first joining WikiTree, there is a slight Learning Curve. :) So I have decided to go through all of the Profiles on my Watch list and update them to a format i have finally decided I like. This also includes updating all Ancestry com related Sources to Family Search Sources when and where available. As other interests on WikiTree, listed below, now consume some of my time, I do not devote my full time to this activity and figure it should only take me about a year from the time of this writing.
- I make it a point to ensure all data I can find on an individual I am adding to WikiTree has their Military Service listed and the corresponding categories added. Every recognition of this service is a thank you to them I believe.
Creating Source Space Pages
- One of my newer interests is adding Source Space Pages of Reference Materials available on the Internet that are free to use and will be listed on WikiTree. These new pages will be added to the Source Category Page which I believe is a vastly underutilized resource on WikiTree. The Source Category Page lists many references members of WikiTree have found and added for use by the general membership. Why Google when it could be here.
- Here is an example of one:
Creating Help/Hint Space Pages
- If you're like me, finding Help Pages or information on some of the extra additions we can apply to our profiles can be a lesson in futility. So I decided to create my own Hint and Tricks Pages:
- GEDCOM File Usage
- An expanded Help Page on loading and importing GEDCOM files to WikiTree.
- The Cheat Sheet
- A Cheat Sheet for my favorite or some of the most used Categories, Template, Stickers,etc.
- Examples of some of the harder to format additions to a Profile.
My Personal Categories
These are Personal Categories I created to track my various family lines and those Profiles I need to work on.
My Family Line Categories
Category: Russell-13872 Russell Branch / Category: Russell-13872 Cypher Branch / Category: Russell-13872 Johnson Branch / Category: Russell-13872 Coughlin Branch
My Work Categories
- FR = Find Records
Category: Russell-13872 FR Spouse /
Category: Russell-13872 FR Military /
Category: Russell-13872 Profile Under Construction /
Category: Russell-13872 Sources Under Construction /
Category: Russell-13872 Adopted /
Category: Russell-13872 Orphaned
- ↑ History of Butler County, Pennsylvania. With illustrations and biographical sketches of some of its prominent men and pioneers Publisher: Waterman, Watkins & Co., Chicago 1883 Page 276
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- L J's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- private siblings' names
For access to L J Russell's full information you must be on L J's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
L J is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- To see what's up.
- 4th Great Grandmother Surname Western PA Johnson Line
- Mother's mother side Mostly around Baltimore. From Ireland.
- 5th Great Grandmother Surname - Western Penn. Johnson Line
- Mother's father side Located Butler PA 1790's. From Hesse Germany
- 3rd Great Grandfathers Surname Located Butler PA. From Alsace Lorraine
- 3rd Great Grandfather Surname Western PA Johnson Line
- I load gedcom files
- I use GEDCOMpare for most of my additions.
- 3rd Great Grandmothers Surname Western PA Cypher Line
- 5th Great Grandfather Surname Penn. Johnson Line
- Fathers mother's side Located mostly Western and Central PA.
- 5th Great Grandfather Surname - Western Penn. Johnson Line
- 4th Great Grandmother Surname - Possibly Shanendoah Virginia. CypherLine
- 4th Great Grandfather Surname - Western and Central Penn. Johnson Line
- 6th Great Grandfather Surname Penn. Johnson Line
- Trying to find which McCandless married Nancy Cypher around 1800
- Great grandfather surname. - from Glamorgan Wales Coughlin Line
- 4th Great Grandmother Surname - Western and Central Penn. Johnson Line
- Great grandmother Surname - From Glamorgan Wales Coughlin Line
L J Russell's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with L J or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with L J:
- L J Russell:
AncestryDNA, GEDmatch T673424 [compare], Ancestry member ljrusgm
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to L J. (Best for comments to L J that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about L J that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 15 Sep 2019 at 23:19 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 18 Aug 2019 at 07:23 GMT Martin Brabander wrote:
On 1 Jul 2019 at 19:29 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 28 Jun 2019 at 21:38 GMT Elisa Mayfield wrote:
On 7 Jun 2019 at 16:19 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 2 Jun 2019 at 19:54 GMT Nicole Duchesne wrote:
On 18 Apr 2019 at 15:50 GMT Judy (Shroyer) Dimmick wrote:
On 6 Apr 2019 at 09:43 GMT Geoffrey Raebel wrote:
On 29 Mar 2019 at 05:00 GMT Antonia (Widenstedt) Reuvers wrote:
On 10 Mar 2019 at 02:30 GMT Ray Jones wrote: