Could not parse date out of Birth Date (say 1730s).
His identity is presumed based on the John Semple Jr and two others, who witnessed Jacob Kooser's will.
No connection is known, but there were very few people named Sample or Semple in colonial America.
One was Capt. Robert Sample (DAR Natl No. 76943) whose record states he was Sheriff of Cumberland Co PA, Capt 10th PA 4 Dec 1776, prisoner 7 Mar 1778 at Germantown, exchanged 4 Nov 1780, retires 1 Jan 1781. Original member of Society of Cincinnati, State of PA. Officers of Revolution, p 517; PA Recs Vol X, p 63; Egles Notes & Queries, Vol 11, p 151.
A gedcom at Ancestry.com has this data, with additions from 1927 DAR application in brackets:
Birth: 14 AUG 1733 in on ocean from Long Dreghorn, Kirkhouse, Scotland or Sept. 30, 1735 on Atlantic Ocean [DAR says 20 Sep 1735]
Death: 14 AUG 1808 in Beaver Co PA after severe illness of 7 days
Immigration: AFT 1785 Pittsburg to Beaver Co PA
Occupation: 1774 Sheriff, Cumberland Co. from Gov. John Penn
Occupation: 1792 Innkeeper, West Pennsborough Turnpike
Burial: AFT 14 AUG 1808 Allegheny Cemetery, Section 2, Pittsburgh, PA
Burial: AUG 1808 Allegheny Cemetery, Allegheny Co Pa.
Religion: 1785 Pew Holder at First Presbyterian, Carlisle
Event: Obituary 17 AUG 1808 The Pittsburgh Gazette, Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co Pa.
Will: 10 AUG 1808 Allegheny Co Pa. WB 1 page 265
Father: JOHN SEMPLE b: BET 1690 AND 1700 in Long Dreghorn or Kirkhouse, Scotland
Marriage #1 LYDIA STEEL b: 1743 [d 1775]
? Married: 1763 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co PA
1. SARAH JANE SEMPLE b: 29 FEB 1764 in Carlisle, PA [m 1784 Thomas Butler Jr, Mar 1797]
2. Jane Ann Semple b: 26 NOV 1766 [m -- Miller, Cumberland Co PA]
3. Steele Semple b: 26 AUG 1768 in Carlisle, PA [m Sarah Hays 16 Jun 1813]
4. Robert Jr. Semple b: 16 SEP 1772 in Pittsburgh, PA [m Isabel Trumball Ala.]
5. Jean Semple b: 6 FEB 1774[-1798]
Marriage#2 Elizabeth Young b: 22 JAN 1754
1. James Semple b: 6 MAR 1777[-1813]
2. Lydia Semple b: 24 NOV 1778 in Cumberland Co Carlisle, PA [d 16 May 1834]
3. John Semple b: 3 NOV 1780
4. Elizabeth Semple b: 7 MAY 1782 [DAR says 20 Jan 1783]
5. Samuel Semple b: 28 FEB 1785
6. Mary Semple b: 28 MAY 1787
7. Joseph Semple b: 24 MAR 1790 [d is ca 1870]
User ID: 4516D491FBC14AD6AF03097810CDBE2B9571
Date: 26 OCT 2008
Prior to import, this record was last changed 26 OCT 2008.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John by comparing test results with other
carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with John:
John is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Joseph Broussard, 29 degrees from Helmut Jungschaffer and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.