- John Sarver's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John Sarver was the son of Casper Sarver a Swiss emigrant. Casper left a will in Botetourt Co., VA in 1782 naming three sons: John, Henry and Casper. John and Henry Sarver moved to Sumner Co., TN . John and his wife Peggy Trollinger, daughter of Jacob Henrich Trollinger, came to Sumner Co., TN in the spring of 1808 with six of their seven children. According to a family tradition, John Sarver died at 105 years after drinking dye he mistook for whiskey. He is thought to be buried in a family cemetery located on his son Jeremiah Sarver's Belvidere Plantation in upper Sumner Co., TN.
John was probably born between 1740 and 1750 in Botetourt County, Virginia.
Residence in 1820: Capt. Rider's District. Jeremiah also listed.
Residence in 1826. Place: Sumner County, Tennessee, USA. Residence: John Sener" age 100+ Date: 1840. Place: Sumner County, Kansas, USA
Buried at Belvidere Plantation in about 1845 in Sumner County, Tennessee, USA. Note on ancestry.com says that family tradition says he died at age 106. The Margaret Sarver who died in 1806 at age 90 is probably his mother.
" My fourth great grandfather, John SARVER, son of Casper SARVER, was born ca. 1744/45. He lived in Botetourt Co., VA before moving to Sumner County, TN where he bought land in March 1808. His wife's name is unknown but she was living in 1830 when census shows : 1 male 80 - 90, 1 female 70 - 80, 8 slaves. In 1840 he is shown as 1 male "100 and upwards" with 17 slaves. (Possible Grandfather of Andrew Sarver)
Public records show that John was still living in Feb. 1842 but is not found in 1850. His great grandson, "Mr. Alf" SARVER (1852 - 1948) told me that John was German and never learned to speak English well. He said John died at age 105 from drinking dye which he thought was whisky. Another source says he died at age 106."
- ↑ Ancestry.com Title: 1820 United States Federal Census Publication: Name: The Generations Network, Inc. United States of America, Bureau of the Census, Fourth Census of the United States, 1820, Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1820; 1830 United States Federal Census Publication: Name: The Generations Network, Inc. United States of America, Bureau of the Census, Fifth Census of the United States, 1830, Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1830.
- WikiTree profile Sarver-86 created through the import of gedcom for wikitree.ged on Dec 23, 2012 by Kelly Midura.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 11 Jan 2016 at 09:21 GMT Leigh (Hoolihan) Murrin wrote:
John is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 26 degrees from Ayn Rand, 24 degrees from Peter Roberts and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.