Saturday Sourcing Sprints
See sourcing_sprints in G2G for the current challenge.
What are Saturday Sourcing Sprints?
Sourcing Saturday Sprints are one-day challenges. They're casual mini-versions of the Source-a-Thon last October that was so popular and fun.
To participate, simply reply once in the current G2G Forum post and then edit your post to add your new profiles, continuing in a comment on your answer as necessary. See the Sourcerers Challenge for examples.
- All profiles improved must come from the Unsourced categories or already be present on WikiTree and unsourced (don't create new profiles without sources and then add them).
- The tally is of profiles improved, not sources added. That said, if you can add a number of sources to a profile, all the better.
- If you attempt to add sources to a profile and just cannot find any, please add a note under a section like === Research Notes === giving where you tried to find records and you can sign it with the four tildes so the date is applied as well. Something like "Looked for John in the US Census records for 1900-1940 and couldn't find him on FamilySearch or Ancestry" would be fine. Or, "Searched google for an obituary and didn't find one." That way the next researcher knows where to start.
- If the only source on a profile is "Ancestry tree" or "Geni.com" it can count as unsourced, and you can add better sources to it to count in your tally.
- If you find a match and can merge a profile into an already sourced profile, that counts, too. You still found a source, plus you eliminated a duplicate.
Follow the tag sourcing_sprints to get the weekly posts.
Changes and Suggestions
- The Saturday Sprints started November 2016 and are still evolving. See this G2G post for changes and suggestions.
Saturday Sourcing Sprints Tracking (current as of 21 May 2017)
- Total sourced profiles by week for May:
- 128 on May 6
- 110 on May 13
- 173 on May 20
| WikiTreer|| Team|| Pre-May|| May|| June|| Total Sourced|
|Liz Shifflett||Team VA||30||22||52|
This page was last modified 11:05, 21 May 2017. This page has been accessed 1,138 times.