John Gillespie Sayers (1840)
Gillespie (John Gillespie)
Chelsea, London, England
Died [date unknown] [location unknown]
Profile last modified
17 Dec 2017
This page has been accessed 27 times.
John Gillespie Sayers (jr) was born in Oct 1840 in Chelsea, London - the fourth child of twelve born to his namesake father and his mother Maria (Johnson) Sayers.
He remained living at the family home until the 1870's (3,4,5,6) and followed in his father's trade of carpenter.
It is possible that he passed away in 1886 (8); records are being checked to verify.
(1) England Birth Index - Kensington, London Vol.3, p.213 (Oct-Dec 1840);
(2) England Birth & Baptisms - Chelsea Parish Records 25 Oct 1840, John Gillespie Sayers son of John Gillespie and Maria Sayers;
(3) 1841 England Census - 6 Little Camera Street, Chelsea, London (HO107 / 688 / 2 / 12 p.18);
(4) 1851 England Census - 3 Sands End Terrace, Fulham, London (HO107 / 1471 / 154 p.15);
(5) 1861 England Census - 1 Imperial Terrace, Sands End, Fulham, London (RG09 / 29 / 99 p.45);
(6) 1871 England Census - 2 Argyle Terrace, Waterford Road, Fulham, London (RG10 / 71 / 74 p.19);
(8) England Death Index - Fulham, London 1a 217 (1886).
More Genealogy Tools