William Sellman was born 22 January 1688/9 in Accomac, Accomack Co., Virginia, the son of John Sellman and his wife, Elizabeth Brashears
Married Ann West, daughter of John West and Matilda Scarborough on 09 October 1718 in Accomac, Accomack Do., Virginia
The children of William Sellman and Ann West were:
1. Thomas Sellman born 29 November 1718 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland. He married Ruth Shipley and died 1794
2. William Sellman Jr., born 18 May 1720 at All Hallows, Anne Arundel, Maryland. He married Charity Tidings and died 7 November 1749 in Virginia
3. John Sellman born 1 March 1720/21 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland and died there 15 November 1804.
4. Charles Sellman born 5 August 1722 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland. He married Elizabeth Gassaway about 1745. He died 20 December 1770 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland.
5. Jonathan Sellman born 21 February 1723/4 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland. He married Elizabeth Battee.
6. Ann Sellman born 25 September 1725. She married Samuel Battee.
William Sellman died 31 March 1743 in Anne Arundel Co., Maryland
William Sellman was the great-grandson of both a French Huguenot, forced to flee France for his religious beliefs and a powerful man who persecuted people not of the Anglican lean toward Christianity. It seems odd that the grandchildren of two such men, should find enough love between themselves to marry and have children.
Source: S2788201613 Repository: #R2438436725 Title: Public Member Trees Author: Ancestry.com Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members.Original data: Family trees submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=1924014&pid=-1879763501
Maryland Calendar of Wills by Jane Baldwin & Roberta Balling Henry, Baltimore Gen. Publ Co., 1968: Volume 8
"One Mississippi Family" by Ann Geoghegan firstname.lastname@example.org "Ancestry.com"
Ancestry.com "Our Family History Rebecca Miller and Bruce Rutherford"
"Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland" by J. D. Warfield, A.M. 1967
John Warren, john.Warren@worldnet.att.net
“Bert’s Family Links Over 500 Surnames” byWilbert (Bert) Webb, Root Web