- Henry Sewall III's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Mr. Henry Sewall (sent by Mr. Henry Sewall in ye ship Elizabeth & Dorcas, Cat. Watts, Commander arrived in Boston 1634, wintered at Ipswich, helped begin this plantation, 1635 furnished English servants meat cattel & provisions, married Mrs. Jane Dummer on March ye 25, 1646 died May ye 16.
Children of Henry Sewall and Jane Dummer Sewall:
- Hannah Sewall Toppan (1649 - 1699)
- Samuel Sewall (1652 - 1730)
- Stephen Sewall (1657 - 1725)
Henry died 16 May 1700 in Newbury, Essex, Province of Massachusetts. He was buried at First Parish Burying Ground, Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts, USA.
- 1700 AET 86.
- His fuitful vine,
- Being thus disjoined.
- Fell to ye ground
- January ye 13th following
- AE 74 Psal. 27-10."
- ↑ NEHGR, 1847, Vol. 1, p. 372 "THE BURIAL PLACE AT "OLD TOWN", NEWBURY, MASS."
- ↑ Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988 Newbury Vital Records, volume dated 1635-1746, p. 18, shows birthplace of children Hannah, Samuel, John, Stephen, and Jane in Hampshire, England
- ↑ Sewell, Robert, The Sewall / Sewell Family accessed May 5, 2015
- ↑ Find A Grave Henry Sewall, Memorial# 20628887
- Nason, Elias, M.A., of Newburyport. The Burial-Place at "Old Town," Newbury, MS., The New England Historical & Genealogical Register (New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Mass., 1847) Vol. 1, Page 372
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David McAvity, Glenn Raitt, and Elizabeth Loftus. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 6 Apr 2014 at 01:26 GMT Bobbie (Madison) Hall wrote:
Henry is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.