Brian was born in the spring of 1977 in the little city of Rutland, VT. A first child to Brian C. Shaw Sr. and Bonnie Lou (Johnson) Shaw.
Still upright and kicking. Check back later.
Brian married April May (Webb) Shaw on the 18th of February 1995 after a short courtship and what could not be described as anything other than a love at first sight. It wasn't a year and a half later when his wife was killed by a drunk driver.
- Reneé Elizabeth Shaw born October 19, 1992 in Rutland, VT to Brian Shaw Jr and Lorretta (Lounder) Simoneau.
- Brianna Star Shaw born November 16th, 1995 in Rutland, VT to Brian Shaw Jr and April May (Webb) Shaw.
- Kaitlyn Mae Shaw born January 12th, 2001 in Rutland, VT to Brian Shaw Jr and Richelle (Chabot) Peña.
In the late 80's Brian left his home town and his family to attend school where he studied what he would later find to be a near lost art called conventional stripping where negatives are arranged in patterns to create printed pages. He did however have the opportunity to work with computers which would become useful later in life. While attending the school he also traveled with a color guard as their photographer/videographer and seamster. He picked up the trumpet and played the third then first chair respectively in the Vermont All-State 3 years in a row. He also played french horn at the First Baptist church in Bellows Falls, VT.
When Brian returned to his home years had passed. He started to attend a normal high school and barely 3 months into the 9th grade one of his teachers ran him over. He never returned to school after that though his desire to learn was not blemished. He continued to learn by educating himself in the art of computer programming and hardware development.
In the early 1990's, Brian discovered a love for entertaining audiences while he was djing a private party held for a group of investors for the school he was attending. Since then his love for entertainment and the arts had grown and he continued to perform in staged performances, weddings, private parties, movies and other venues as Brian Shaw or under the name Asylum Entertainment for 25 years.
Some of Brian's entertainment career achievements:
- Brian aided in the plan, design, construction and performances for the CCV ("Community College of Vermont") floats in the Rutland, VT Halloween Parade 2007 - 2009. The Rutland Halloween Parade is the largest and longest running Halloween parade in the United States and has been the setting for various comic book adventures both in the real world and on the pages in comic books.
- Starting in 1998 and for nearly two decades following, Brian provided audio equipment, special effects lighting, audio mixing/mastering and live sound engineering for past broadway performer Gail T. Lang (Director: All About Dance at Grand Performance Studio).
- Not so much of a career achievement as it is a life achievement but in May of 2006 Brian became a reverend with the Universal Life Church and since then he performed baptisms, weddings ceremonies and funeral services for the people of his community.
- Screen Acting
- In the year 2000 Brian made his first on-screen appearance in the movie Radical Jack. As the movie begins you see Brian "a truck driver" sitting next to lead actor Billy Ray Cyrus (Jack Reynolds) as a fight ensues between Jack and two federal agents. He also appeared towards the end of the movie as a bystander watching Jack as he is beaten in the parking lot of a local bar.
- In 2004 Brian made his second on-screen appearance in the movie Buried Alive (Landslide) where he was on set with Baywatch actress, Alexandra Paul and Nash Bridges actor Jaime Gomez. The character he was playing had been killed off in his first scene so Brian ended up playing various other roles ranging from construction worker to medical and rescue personnel. He was also able to have one of his daughters appear as an extra where he rescued her from the debris and put her into the back of an ambulance "about 30 times in 20 degree temperatures ;) ".
- Again in 2004 Brian made his third on-screen appearance in the movie Pillar of Light: The Work and The Glory 2004. He played an 1800's farm boy tending the fields with his father where they met the Smith brothers. This movie was Mormon cinema's 2nd largest box office hit and was the second Latter-day Saints film to top 3 million in theaters.
- Brian's last on-screen appearance was for the Showtime Exclusive movie Bereft. Brian was on set with lead actress Vinessa Shaw (Molly) and Patrick Burleigh (Joel) where he played a Joel lookalike role who was a man Molly confused with her late husband Joel.
My Current Projects
Brian has always had a great interest in history and his ancestry. The following is a listing of all ancestors he has found who have fought in wars or are otherwise historically notable to him.
Magna Carta Surety Ancestors (1215)
Gilbert (Clare) de Clare 25th Great-Grandfather.
John (Lacy) de Lacy Knt 25th Great-Grandfather.
William (Mowbray) de Mowbray 25th Great-Grandfather.
Hugh (Bigod) le Bigod 26th Great-Grandfather.
John (Clavering) FitzRobert 26th Great-Grandfather.
Robert de Vere 26th Great-Grandfather.
William (Lanvallei) de Lanvallay 26th Great-Grandfather.
Robert (Ros) de Roos 26th Great-Grandfather.
Geoffrey (Say) de Say 26th Great-Grandfather.
William (Albini) d'Aubigny 27th Great-Grandfather.
Robert FitzWalter 27th Great-Grandfather.
William (Huntingfield) de Huntingfield 27th Great-Grandfather.
Saier (Quincy) de Quincy 27th Great-Grandfather.
Henry (Bohun) de Bohun 28th Great-Grandfather.
William Malet 28th Great-Grandfather.
Mayflower Passenger Ancestors (1620)
John Alden 10th great grandfather. - John was a crew member on the Pilgrim ship Mayflower.
Isaac Allerton Sr. and Mary (Norris) Allerton Brian and Isaac are 2nd cousin 12 times removed. Brian and Isaac are descendants of Thomas Chandler II.
- Bartholomew Allerton 3rd cousin 11 times removed.
- Remember (Allerton) Maverick 3rd cousin 11 times removed.
- Mary (Allerton) Cushman 3rd cousin 11 times removed.
John Allerton Unknown-may have been brother to Isaac.
Dorothy (May) and William Bradford 5th cousin 12 times removed. Brian and Dorothy are descendants of William Lunsford Esq..
Katherine (White) Carver 3rd cousin 13 times removed. Brian and Katherine are descendants of Richard Clarke.
Humility Cooper 9th cousin 11 times removed. Brian and Humility are descendants of John Stanley KG
Edward and Ann Fuller 11th great grand uncle.
- Samuel Fuller 1st cousin 12 times removed.
Deacon Samuel Fuller Sr. 11th great grand uncle.
- Elinor More 5th cousin 13 times removed.
8 yrs old and assigned as servant to Edward Winslow. She died in Nov 1620.
- Jasper More 5th cousin 13 times removed.
7 yrs old and assigned servant to John Carver. He died Dec 1620.
- Capt. Richard More Sr. 5th cousin 13 times removed.
6 yrs old and assigned as servant to William Brewster. He resided with the family of William Brewster until about mid-1627 when his term of servitude expired.
- Mary More 5th cousin 13 times removed.
4 yrs old and assigned as servant to William Brewster. She died in the winter of 1620/1621.
Brian and the More's are descendants of Maud (Clifford) Sutton.
Henry Samson 9th cousin 11 times removed. Brian and Henry are descendants of John Stanley KG.
Edward and Agnes (Cooper) Tilley 8th cousin 12 times removed. Brian and Agnes are descendants of John Stanley KG. John and Joan (Hurst) Tilley 5th cousin 13 times removed. Brian and Joan are descendants of Alexander Radcliffe.
- Elizabeth (Tilley) Howland 6th cousins 12 times removed.
Great Puritan Migration (1620 - 1640)
Indian Wars Ancestors (1622 – 1924)
Phineas Arms 1st cousin 9 times removed. Killed June 11, 1755, at Charlemont by Algonquin Indians.
William Arms 9th great grandfather. Served under Captain Turner at Hadley, Massachusetts and in the Battle of Turner's Falls "Peskeompscut massacre" May 19, 1676.
John Stebbins II 8th great grandfather. Survived the Battle of Bloody Brook September 18, 1675.
American Revolutionary War Ancestors (1775 - 1783)
Col. Ethan Allen 6th cousin 8 times removed. Founding member of The Green Mountain Boys militia.
Maj. John Arms Esq 7th great grandfather. Keeper of the well-known Arms Tavern in Brattleboro, Vt. where Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys frequented.
Sgt. Josiah Arms 6th great grandfather.
Capt. John Arms 5th great grandfather.
Capt. Consider Arms 1st cousin 9 times removed.
Thomas Arms 1st cousin 9 times removed.
Capt. Jonathan Arms Jr. 2nd cousin 8 times removed.
Maj. James Butterfield 6th great grandfather.
Nathaniel Daggett III 6th great grandfather.
Cpl. William Dryer 7th great grandfather.
Sgt. Benjamin Goddard 8th cousin 9 times removed.
Eldad Hunt 4th cousin 8 times removed.
James C Johnson 14th cousin 5 times removed.
Maj. Jesse Lyman 11th cousin 6 times removed. A private in Col S B Webb's regiment.
James Morgan 8th great grand uncle.
Captain John "The Minuteman" Parker 4th cousin 10 times removed. Commanded the Lexington militia at the Battle of Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775.
Capt. Israel Proctor 5th great grandfather.
Capt. William W. Proctor 6th great grandfather.
Prvt. William Reed 6th great grandfather. A member of Capt. Parker's Lexington Company of Minutemen.
Captain Eldad Wright 1st cousin 9 times removed.
War of 1812 Ancestors (1812)
American Civil War Ancestors (1861 – 1865)
Capt. Robert Bruce Arms 3rd great grandfather. Vermont Volunteers, 16th Regiment, Company B.
Edwin Herbert Arms 3rd great grand uncle. Vermont Volunteers, 4th Regiment.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens "Mark Twain" 11th cousin 4 times removed. Brian and Samuel are descendants of James "John" Watson Sr.. Samuel served for two weeks with a Confederate unit, the Marion Rangers, before they disbanded.
World War I Ancestors (1914 – 1918)
World War II Ancestors (1939 – 1945)
LtCol. Kenneth Burton Shaw Grandfather. Served in the U.S. Army, the Army Air Corps, the U.S. Air Force and the Vermont Air National Guard.
Korean War Ancestors (1950 – 1953)
Harold W Johnson Private First Class in the U.S. Army.
Vietnam War Ancestors (1955 – 1975)
LtCol. Robert C. Arms Jr. 2nd cousin once removed. Retired from the Air Force 1998 as a LtCol with 27 years of service.
US President Connections (1789 - 2017)
Individuals - Ancestor's DNA Contribution - Birth Year(s)
Generation 1: Self
1p - 100% DNA - (1977)
[ Shaw ]
Generation 2: Parents
Generation 3: Grandparents
Generation 4: Great-Grandparents
Generation 5: 2nd Great-Grandparents
16p - 6.25% DNA - b.xxxx
[ Shaw ] [ Breyer ] [ Wilson ] [ Atkinson ] [ Arms ] [ Crane ] [ Day ] [ Mclaughlin ] [ Johnson ] [ Shannon ] [ Hayes ] [ Cops ] [ Monroe ] [ Pruner ] [ McDonald ] [ Fountain ]
Generation 6: 3rd Great-Grandparents
32p - 3.125% DNA - b.xxxx
[?] [?] [ Breyer ] [?] [ Wilson ] [ Knox ] [?] [?] [ Arms ] [ Thayer ] [ Crane ] [ Miller ] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [ Pruner ] [ Scott ] [ McDonald ] [ Russell ] [?] [?]
Generation 7: 4th Great-Grandparents
64p - 1.5625% DNA - b.xxxx
[?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [ Wilson ] [ Biggs ] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [ Arms ] [ Butterfield ] [ Thayer ] [ Miller ] [ Crane ] [ Proctor ] [ Miller ] [ Wilder ] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?] [?]
Generation 8: 5th Great-Grandparents
128p - 0.78125% DNA - b.xxxx
Generation 9: 6th Great-Grandparents
256p - 0.390625% DNA - b.xxxx
Generation 10: 7th Great-Grandparents
512p - 0.1953125% DNA - b.xxxx
Generation 11: 8th Great-Grandparents
1024p - 0.09765625% DNA - b.xxxx
- First-hand information. Entered by Brian Shaw at registration.
- "Vermont Vital Records, 1760-2008," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KF1T-NZG : 12 November 2017), Brian Curtis Shaw in entry for Brian Curtis Shaw, Birth, 21 Mar 1977, Rutland, Rutland, Vermont, United States; from "Vermont, Birth Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Death Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Marriage Records, 1909-2008," and "Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908." Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010); citing Vital Records Office, Vermont Department of Health, Burlington and New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- "Vermont Vital Records, 1760-2008," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KF1T-NZ5 : 12 November 2017), Brian Curtis Shaw, Birth, 21 Mar 1977, Rutland, Rutland, Vermont, United States; from "Vermont, Birth Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Death Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Marriage Records, 1909-2008," and "Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908." Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010); citing Vital Records Office, Vermont Department of Health, Burlington and New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- "Vermont Vital Records, 1760-2008," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KNMT-9P3 : 12 November 2017), Brian Curtis Shaw and April May Webb, Marriage, 18 Feb 1995, Rutland, Rutland, Vermont, United States; from "Vermont, Birth Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Death Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Marriage Records, 1909-2008," and "Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908." Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010); citing Vital Records Office, Vermont Department of Health, Burlington and New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- "Vermont Vital Records, 1760-2008," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KNMG-ZF7 : 12 November 2017), Brian Curtis Shaw in entry for Brianna Star Shaw, Birth, 16 Nov 1995, Rutland, Rutland, Vermont, United States; from "Vermont, Birth Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Death Records, 1909-2008," "Vermont, Marriage Records, 1909-2008," and "Vermont, Vital Records, 1720-1908." Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010); citing Vital Records Office, Vermont Department of Health, Burlington and New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- Brian's formal name
- full middle name (C.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Brian is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Merton and Marion Arms were my great grandparents.
- 7th gen descendant of Alpheus and Polly "Daggett" Butterfield-parents of Theda Arms
- Estella "Arms" Crane was my great great grandmother and the daughter of Willard Crane.
- Albert and Esther Day were my great great grandparents on my great grandmother Arms side.
- I would really like to find out more. My great grandparents John Keith Johnson, Sr. and Louella Johnson-parents of my grandfather John Jr who had 18 siblings. I don't know the names of them.
- My grandmother was a member of the Mayflower Society but the documentation is lost. Looking to recover information about this.
- 7th generation descendant of Vaspacian and Abigail "Burnham" Miller-parents of Laura Thayer. 6th generation descendant of Aaron and Melissa "Wilder" Miller-parents of Harriet Crane
- Looking for more information about my great grandmother Sophia Monroe-mother to my grandmother Patricia Mary Johnson
- Immediate family name
- Lewis and Laura Thayer were grandparents to my great great grandfather Robert A. Arms, son of Capt. Robert B. Arms and Fanny "Thayer" Arms
- I'm a bit of a history buff and have a penchant for accuracy.
- My home state and generations of my family have lived here.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Brian. (Best for comments to Brian that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Brian that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 20 Jan 2018 at 12:33 GMT Becky (Nally) Syphers wrote:
On 2 Jan 2018 at 18:31 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
Wish you a Happy New Year. May 2018 bring you all you need to be happy.
Congratulation for adding your contributions in December. Whatever the quantity of your contributions, they all count. As I always say "Quality is better than quantity" to make a great family tree.
Thank you for being a Wikitreer,
Guy Constantineau - Wikitree leader
On 26 Dec 2017 at 16:13 GMT Cindy (Williams) Lesure wrote:
You've been a member of WikiTree for about a week now so I thought I would check in to see how it's going. Have the How-Tos been helpful or left you with questions?
I want to help! Click my name, then ask in the comment section of my page or send me a private message. Sometimes links don't work in emails. If that's happened to you, check the public comments on your profile. The links will work from there.
Cindy ~ WikiTree Messenger
PS Have you noticed on your ancestor profiles on bottom right is "Research" where you can get sources and more information? Give it a try! For profiles for living people, just go to this link. RootsSearch
On 20 Dec 2017 at 19:50 GMT Mary Richardson wrote:
Thanks for taking the Pre-1700 Quiz!
Have questions? Just Ask.
Mary - Pre-1700's Greeters
On 19 Dec 2017 at 18:01 GMT Barbara Swimelar wrote:
On 18 Dec 2017 at 23:57 GMT Ludwig Kraayenbrink wrote:
Thanks for volunteering! You are now a full member of the WikiTree community, and can start adding your family. Let me know if you have any questions.
Since WikiTree is different from other genealogy sites, we have a guided tour for new members at New Member How-To. Feel free to work through the How-Tos at your own pace.
Once you add profiles to WikiTree they become searchable and in my experience persons interested in these profiles will contact you and may provide further information to expand your family tree.
Great to have you on board, enjoy, and good luck growing your branches.
On 18 Dec 2017 at 23:47 GMT Ludwig Kraayenbrink wrote:
Just a note to say hi and to let you know that I'm available to answer questions about WikiTree. You can contact me by clicking the link to my name, then sending a private message or posting a comment on my profile page.
Ludwig ~ WikiTree Greeter