- Charlotte Shockey's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Descendant of Johann Christoffel Schacke | Sperry's of Connecticut | Harlem High School (GA) | Photographers | Greeters | Global Family Reunion Project | CSRA Georgia Research Assistance | Clan Napier | MtDNA Haplogroup H | Aries | Shockey Name Study | Sperry Name Study | Profile Improvement Project.
|2016 Source-A-Thon! Sourced 1,018 profiles in 72 hours for Team Great Lakes!|
- Charlotte Shockey was born in Georgia. (other info is private)
- Charlotte is a dancer, since she was 5: ballet, tap, jazz. Her dance school later migrated into hip hop and character dancing also. She has taken a few classes in ballroom and learned the Lindy Hop from a friend very quickly back in High School.
- Charlotte is also still close friends with Da Cru from Harlem High School. As well as several of her 1st and distant cousins, dance friends, and Sarah Tracy (her wine partner).
- Charlotte also has been doing photography since she was very young first using her mother's Kodak Instamatic on trips. She taught herself what she knows through books and the few classes she had. She enjoys creating interesting images through composite which she found through doing a 365 Day Self Portraiture project that she feel short on but enjoyed none the less. She also used her photography skills in several productions of TV Shows that never were shown on TV. She received the 34th Annual Telly Award - Bronze Entertainment for "Georgia Boy's Grits N Glory" teaser as Art Director, Graphic Design, and Still Photography. The other shows she worked on were "Honky Tonkin USA" and "Kingz of Swing".
- Charlotte loves to travel especially if it's to a National Park. U.S. National Parks Passport
- Charlotte has many creative outlets from creating jewelry, to painting, to graphic designs.
- Charlotte enjoys wine. She loves trying new wines and rating them on Vivino. At the end of 2014 she started brewing her own wines at home hoping to eventually start her own vineyard in the Winchester, Virginia area (if she can win the lotto).
- Charlotte became a Greeter for Wikitree on 4 Oct 2016. She enjoys greeting new members to the WikiTree family!
- Charlotte joined Direct Cellars on 1 Feb 2017 as a Wine Representative & member for this fast growing Wine Club. Shockrina Direct Cellars
1995 Most Improved Dancer - Colson Dance Studio, Augusta, GA 1996-1997 Outstanding Beginning Art/Photography Student 1997-1998 Outstanding Photography Student 1998 Honorable Mention in the Images of Freedom Student Photography Competition for Law Day (ABA) 1999
Regional Winner - Georgia School Art Symposium
Outstanding Artistic Excellence for the 20th Annual Agnes Markwalter Youth Art Competition
2000 Honorable Mention for her photograph named "Bo Light Ear" in the Congressional Exhibition 2013 34th Annual Telly Awards - Bronze Entertainment for "Georgia Boy's Grits N Glory" teaser as Art Director, Graphic Design, and Still Photography
- My interest in finding out my family history started in Mrs. Odom's class at Harlem Middle School. The assignment was find out the origin of your surname and recreate your coat of arms. I found a Shockey in the English origins but could never find a coat of arms. So I created a shield with a lightning bolt hitting a key - "Shoc-key". *wink* It wasn't until years later in 2003 that I really started my family database to find out that Shockey was the Americanized version of my surname.
- I now enjoy meeting all my cousins no matter how distant. I've started three groups on Facebook one for my Shockey cousins, one for my Sperry's, and another for just my maternal side. I've also attended 5 Shockey Family Reunions (as of 2016) and looking forward to many more. I'll be helping with the Shockey Family Fellowship Inc. website and hoping to one day be on the board. I'm also helping with the Dyess Family website and starting an incorporation for that family group. Attended my first Dyess Reunion on 29 Oct 2016.
- French, Orcadian, Spanish .. 82.02% (±12.53% margin of error)
- Tuscan, Finnish, Romanian, Russian, Sardinian .. 17.98% (±12.53% margin of error)
Ancestral Surnames (first 20 gens)
- First-hand information. Entered by Charlotte Shockey.
- Augusta, Richmond, Georgia, USA, Mark McLaughlin & Charlotte Shockey, Book No. 95. Page 148., Mark McLaughlin & Charlotte Shockey, 17 September 2001; Superior Court of Richmond County, Augusta.
- Charlotte & Mark McLaughlin - Divorce Papers, Aug 2005, , Columbia, Georgia, USA, , Superior Court of Columbia County.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a 3582.6 cM match between Charlotte Shockey GEDmatch T419364 and her mother Carol Brewer GEDmatch T598194.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by a 3585.8 cM match between Charlotte Shockey GEDmatch T419364 and her father William Shockey GEDmatch T820558.
- Relationship to Gregory Bonifield and Sarah Henley is confirmed by a triangulated group consisting of Charlotte Shockey GEDmatch T419364, William Shockey GEDmatch T820558 and John C. Porter GEDmatch T941114 sharing a 15.159 cM segment on chromosome 11 from 126390369 to 132583894.
- Relationship to John Dyess and Violator Beasley is confirmed by a 23cM match between Charlotte Shockey GEDmatch T419364 and Cammie Mercer GEDMatch T276034.
- Thanks to Charlotte Shockey for starting this profile.
- 13 Feb 2017
- In the event of my untimely demise I want to be sure that none of my hard work on WikiTree ends up having to be deleted. While I fully intend to be around to manage all my profiles for the next 50 years or so, in the event of my sudden death I hereby give permission for all of my private profiles to be transferred to any of my family members or to any of the other wonderful WikiTreers who have collaborated with me. My own personal profile will be left to an active family member and/or Eowyn and Julie to tend and weed. I'll also have an obituary set up on an unlisted "free-space" to be updated, made public and linked to my profile after my passing. Charlotte Shockey's Obituary
- Charlotte's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (24)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Charlotte is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- to keep up on new things with WikiTree
- Looking for other Brewer's of my line to DNA test as well as to exchange info. Jacob Parker Brewer b. abt 1745.
- I descend from Richard Brunson of England (1687) who comes down from Cornelius Brownson of England (1528).
- Love organizing so things run better or finding a way to easily group together people.
- Enjoy finding or adding people to their cemetery category.
- Currently correcting errors in my tree and then watchlist. :)
- Hoping to get a lot of my DNA matches on here so it'll be easier to triangulate. Plus, hoping the project will help me get better at DNA.
- I'm related through the brother, William Dyess, son of John Dyess Sr. & Violator Beasley.
- Hope to go to the next one!
- Looking forward to welcoming guests and volunteers and getting them started on Wikitree!
- There are several variants of this surname but the first occurance going up my tree is Lail. The others are Lael, Lagle, Lale. Farthest back we have is Lohl out of Germany in the 1500's.
- Following as I'm doing a Shockey & Sperry Name Study
- Want to help create prettier profiles... do clean up.
- Looking for any descendants of Constantine Schindler, willing to exchange info!
- Looking for any Shockey cousins to exchange info as well as to DNA test, join FB group, and see at the reunion! Other spellings: Schacke Also, doing a ONS.
- Fantastic weekend of fun!
- Because it's fun and helpful!
- Looking for male Sperry's from the Richard Sperry (England) line as well as the German Sperry's to do Y-DNA test on FTDNA. So we can see if they connect down the line. Other spellings: Spearry, Speary. Also, looking for Sperry males to do DNA tests. Doing a ONS.
- Enjoy seeing what everyone is or has been doing!
Charlotte Shockey's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Charlotte or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Charlotte Shockey: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test HVR1 and HVR2, haplogroup H, Mitosearch CBWQ4, FTDNA kit #300156
- Elise (Marshall) Jones : 23andMe, GEDMatch M239113
- Charlotte Shockey: AncestryDNA, Ancestry member shockrina + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T419364, FTDNA kit #300156
- Will Shockey : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T820558, FTDNA kit #467027
- Carol Ann (Brewer) Shockey : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T598194, FTDNA kit #467028
- Herb Shockey : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T670600, FTDNA kit #489896
- Bonnie (Shockey) Tennant : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T548299, FTDNA kit #410069
- Barb (Brewer) Parker : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T418024, FTDNA kit #558156
- Jamie (Brewer) Fletcher : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T710721, FTDNA kit #539093
- Pam (Brewer) Youngstrom : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #558158
- Linda (Brewer) Reynolds : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #557159
- Missy (Collins) Meyer : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #558157
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Hide Profile Categories Feb 2, 2017.
- Do you need research help in the CSRA Georgia, USA area? Jan 23, 2015.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Charlotte. (Best for comments to Charlotte that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Charlotte that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 4 Mar 2017 at 00:39 GMT Elizabeth Burns wrote:
On 3 Mar 2017 at 09:46 GMT Rod DuBois wrote:
On 1 Mar 2017 at 15:40 GMT Tamara Shelton wrote:
Tamara Miles (maiden name Shelton)
On 1 Mar 2017 at 08:30 GMT David Parker wrote:
On 28 Feb 2017 at 16:16 GMT Linda Sibley wrote:
On 27 Feb 2017 at 17:37 GMT Eve (Graybeal) Olsen wrote:
On 27 Feb 2017 at 17:21 GMT Mags Gaulden wrote:
On 19 Feb 2017 at 00:35 GMT Katherine Smith wrote:
Thank you for your kind welcome! I am very interested in your project that links FamilyTreeDNA and wikitree. I visited the link but can't find the information on how to link my FamilyTreeDNA genealogy information to wikitree. Can you tell me more? I have a lot of my tree on FTDNA and can't get it off, but if there's a route that wikitree and FTDNA are collaborating, I'm excited to hear about it!
Thank you! --Katherine
On 13 Feb 2017 at 22:54 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
On 13 Feb 2017 at 22:49 GMT Kitty (Cooper) Smith wrote:
Please make sure each bit of DNA test information is added to the actual test participant's profile, not someone else's like your own. To make cousin connections, WikiTree needs to see the FamilyTree tab. Check that your Privacy on your profile is set to "Private with Public Family Tree" as a minimum. (Living minors should have an Unlisted privacy level.)
If you have not already done so, please set your preferences for your Tags Followed to include DNA and other terms of interest to you: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Following
As you add your family lines and connect to the big WikiTree, you may find new cousins. Use the Relationship calculator to see if you are related to me, Cooper-1 with http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Relationship