- Tancred (Sicilia) di Sicilia's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: House of Hauteville.
Italian: Casa d'Altavilla, Sicilian: Casa d'Autavilla, French: Maison de Hauteville
||Tancred (Sicilia) di Sicilia is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in Europe.|
Join: European Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
Tancred of Sicily - from Liber ad honorem Augusti, 1196 Tancred (died February 20, 1194), was King of Sicily from 1189 to 1194. He was an illegitimate son of Roger III, Duke of Apulia, the eldest son of King Roger II, and of Emma, daughter of Achard II, Count of Lecce. He inherited the title "Count of Lecce" from his grandfather, and is consequently often referred to as Tancred of Lecce.
- User ID: 64D5A4ED-753B-409E-92F6-A1C6AA1E49B7
- Record ID Number: MH:IF3438
- Date: 1135
- Place: Palermo, Sicilia, Italy
Tancred is sometimes attributed with an unknown son who is used to give Aaron FitzRoger a descent from the Kings of Sicily. However there is little if any evidence that Aaron existed, far less that he had such a descent. Aaron and his purported ancestry were first described by John Cox Underwood in about 1911, but his account is highly improbable, and entirely lacking in source citations.
- User ID: 834C371E-F552-453B-98A9-D4DAD7E83760
- Record ID Number: MH:IF3437
- Date: 20 FEB 1194
- Place: Sicily, Italy
- Title: King of Naples and Sicily
- User ID: B7C73740-907E-4AB9-AB74-3B574CC8B944
- Record ID Number: MH:IF3439
- Date: 1190
- Place: Italy
- Note: Coat of Arms for Rogers
- Note: Tancred of Lecce, king of Sicily
- ↑ Underwood, John Cox. Lineage of the Rogers Family, England — Embracing John Rogers the Martyr, p 10. New York, 1911.
- ↑ Farmerie, Todd A. "Re: ROGERS info", newsgroup post on soc.genealogy.medieval, 25 Sep 2001.
- WikiTree profile DeLecce-1 created through the import of Paula's family 5-28-2011.GED on May 29, 2011 by Paula Marksman. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Paula and others.
- Source: S3 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Repository: #R1 Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Record ID Number: MH:S3 User ID: 19CD43FD-56EB-4783-85E4-4D83608697C5 Page: Ancestry Family Trees Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=23363295&pid=1417331713
- Repository: R1 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Record ID Number: MH:R1 User ID: B1696161-7A17-42E7-9EE7-1C83D3676BD5
This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Tancred's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Paula Marksman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Tancred is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 29 degrees from Ayn Rand, 25 degrees from Peter Roberts and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.