- Cecilia Sigurdsdottir's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Cecilia is certainly born out of wedlock, otherwise Sigurd Havtorsson undoubtedly have found a more worthy spouse for his daughter. Cecilia is well born a few years before 1342 when Mr. Sigurd married Erling Vidkunsson daughter Ingeborg. Strangely resembles Cecilia fate much on the fate of her grandmother Agnes. Agnes was also married far below her father's condition. But despite this evidence one fact that Ingjald was married to a daughter of one of the most powerful men in Norway at the time, largely on the Ingjald have been of good birth. Cecilia did not come to an inheritance with their legitimate siblings, but have still got a good dowry. The estate on Veldre came the from her, and mayhap also Tøien Aker been part of her dowry for the family she married into, belonged to the itinerary and had hardly lands on Oslo waterfront.
Cecilia survived her husband by several years, for according to the letter about Lier from 1448 it is apparent that she has taken over the business affairs after Ingjald death, before his son took over Gyrd. 
-Dotter, -Datter, -Dottir are all the same ending, meaning "daughter" in Scandinavia, and attached behind the father's first name. A woman kept her birth name all her life and did not take on her husband's last name as her own until about 100-200 years ago.
- ↑ Odd Ottesen: genus Botner in Holand, pages 10-11
- Odd Ottesen: genus Botner in Holand, pages 10-11.
- Hedmark genealogy tier journal, Volume 2 (Hamar 1948), pages 26-30.
- NST, Volume VIII (Oslo 1942) page 112ff, Henning Sollied about Sudreimsætten. Norwegian Biographical Encyclopedia
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Cecilia's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Adam McQuery and Gordon Lokken. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 4 Nov 2013 at 22:14 GMT Sheri (Petersen) Sturm wrote:
Cecilia is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 20 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 29 degrees from Peter Roberts and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.