Mindy L. Silva aka Millard
Profile last modified 29 May 2020
| Created 26 Jul 2017 | Last significant change: 26 May 2020
This page has been accessed 12,842 times.
Current News or Greetings
Mindy participated in the 2020 Greeter Cooking Challenge
- WikiTree News:
- Make sure you watch for the Video Updates on YouTube! Sarah and Eowyn have been hosting with various Project Leaders as guests. It's a great way to learn more about WikiTree projects!
Mindy Silva has Portuguese ancestors.
This user is a native
speaker of English
I am deeply interested in locating ancestors. Not only for myself; but also for family, friends, and others.
- I happened across someone that was descended from Afonso I (The 1st King of Portugal). I clicked the 'check your relationship' button at the bottom and found out he's my 26th great-grandfather! So now, though I usually stay away from 'descendant bling' I am adding a Descendant Sticker to my profile:
- Have you checked any of your possible relationships lately? It's a lot of fun!
My Ancestors Research Statistics (Click for brick walls that I have worked on)
| Generation Number || Direct Relation to Name || Total # of Possible Ancestors || Total # of Identified Ancestors || Total % of Identified Ancestors
| 2 || Parents || 2 || 2 || 100%
| 3 || Grandparents || 4 || 4 || 100%
| 4 || Great Grandparents || 8|| 8 || 100%
| 5 || 2nd Great Grandparents || 16 || 14 || 88%
| 6 || 3rd Great Grandparents || 32 || 28 || 88%
| 7 || 4th Great Grandparents || 64 || 50 || 78%
- Family research
- Indexing records for FamilySearch
- Taking photo requests in local cemeteries for Find A Grave
- Helping others locate records for patriotic ancestors
- Quilting for the upcoming granddaughter (Quilt done and baby arrived!)
- Dabbling in graphic art
Proud Member/Supporter of
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS)
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS)
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR)
Profiles I've enjoyed adding to
(I know, they are all fun - but I am particularly fond of these and a few others. It's hard to pick just a few for the list!)
Recently worked on
- 💖 = My ancestors
Useful links I've found
- (Return to Biography)
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva GEDmatch A030801 and Jim Silva (2nd cousin 1x removed) GEDmatch A054943. Their MRCAs are Mindy's great-great-grandparents and Jim's great-grandparents, José (Silva Ribeira) da Silva de Ribeira II and Rosa (Joaquina) Silva. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 4th - 6th cousins, based on sharing 40 centimorgans shared across 3 DNA segments; Confidence: High.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva (2nd great-granddaughter) and her second cousin Theodore "Ted" Morgado. Their MRCAs are their great grandparents, João (Gonçalves) Gonçalves Pereira and Alexandrina Amélia (Silva) Gonçalves Pereira. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 3rd Cousins (actual relationship 2nd cousin 1x removed), based on sharing 136 centimorgans shared across 9 DNA segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva (great-granddaughter) and her second cousin (a grandchild of (Living) (Lee) Lum Ho). Their MRCAs are their great grandparents, Soong Myung Lee and Merrine "Minnie" (Gomez) Lee. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 1st - 2nd cousins (actual relationship 2nd cousins), based on sharing 181 centimorgans shared across 9 DNA segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva and a child of Glen Hennager, Mindy's first cousin once removed. Their MRCA's are Mindy's great-grandparents and the child's grandparents Ambrose Patrick Hennager and Pearl Josephine (Alexander) Ellis. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: 1st Cousins, Confidence: Extremely High; based on sharing 581.1 centimorgans shared across 30 DNA segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva GEDmatch A030801 and a child of Cleo Hennager, Mindy's first cousins once removed. Their MRCA's are Mindy's great-grandparents and the child's grandparents Ambrose Patrick Hennager and Pearl Josephine (Alexander) Ellis. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: 1st Cousins, Confidence: Extremely High; based on sharing 487 centimorgans shared across 23 DNA segments.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva and a child of Eugene Walter Heath, third cousins. Their MRCA's are Mindy's great-great-grandparents and the child's great-great-grandparents Joseph H Cobb and Agnes Sophia (Green) Cobb. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: 3rd - 4th cousins based on sharing 120 centimorgans shared across 5 DNA segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Mindy Silva and a child of Jo Ann (Alexander) Cox, third cousins. Their MRCA's are William Joseph Alexander and Margaret Pearl (LaChapelle) Alexander. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: 3rd - 4th cousins based on sharing 41 centimorgans across 2 DNA segments; Confidence: High.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group on GEDmatch consisting of Mindy Silva, Dennis Werda, and Shelly (Gullette) Slade, who share a 13.4 cM segment on chromosome 11 from 188510 to 134445626. Mindy and Dennis are 3C2R; Mindy and Shelly are 5C; Dennis and Shelly are 4C1R. The MRCAs of Mindy, Dennis and Shelly are Daniel Allen Hennagir and Elizabeth (DeLong) Hennagir, the 4th great grandparents of Mindy and Shelly, and the 5th great grandparents of Dennis.
- (Return to Biography)
- Lyon County, Nevada, marriage certificate no. 39** (1985), E* E* Millard and Mindy L* Silva, Lyon County Clerk, Yerington. (** Some details hidden to preserve privacy)
- Lyon Co., NV, Lyon County Court file ****, Millard v. Millard, "Dissolution of Marriage" 199*.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Mindy's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (12)
- private siblings' names
For access to Mindy Silva's full information you must be on Mindy's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Mindy is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Looking for any tidbits of information on painting my DNA - current user of DNA Painter
- Looking forward to adding to Hawaii profiles (the birthplace of my father).
- Helping to make our global tree better one day at a time
- Kentucky kin
- I've really become immersed lately in the Medeira and Azores records. They can hold a wonderful amount of research once you know how to translate them!
- Keeping up with news from other Projects and showing support for all of the hard work they do on WikiTree.
- Helping with a troublesome Newton line. Looking for proof for Allen B Newton's father.
- One of my many surnames from the Azores (Açores). I just love looking through the old record books from there.
- One Place Studies. Currently interested in Tiverton, Newport, Rhode Island.
- From Portugal to Hawaii
- Puritan Great Migration Project
- Pre-1500 Profile Assistance
- The name Ribeira, when put with Silva, is a rare combination in Madeira. My paternal great-great grandfather was named Jose da Silva de Ribeira, after his father.
- Just one of my many lines from Madeira. The journey of discovery has been delightful!
- Always looking for ways to improve profiles.
- US History Project - making the tree better, one profile at a time :)
- Family from Portugal
- A little of this and that
- Researching Wyatt/Wiatt ancestors that went from North Carolina to Kentucky. Jordan Wyatt needs the link to his parents proven.
Mindy Silva's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Mindy or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mindy:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.