Profile last modified 14 Sep 2019
| Created 10 Mar 2018 | Last significant change: 14 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 6,029 times.
I am researching & building my family tree. I welcome any interests and information in our collaborative effort. Also, I can help others with information on finding their family history. I welcome any photos, stories, historical documents, etc. of deceased family ancestors I am related to.
If you would like to help a great way to start is by joining the one name study group and helping in our one name study projects listed below.
Any family who is willing and would like to contribute please do so as we all can collaborate in our shared Genealogy
Name Study Groups
I believe in a group collaborative effort when it comes to the Geneaology of my family & sharing of resources. This way all in our family can participate & help in the research. Remember we all share our common ancestors & keep their memory alive by honoring them who came before us.
Amateur about 1 1/2 years of Genealogy experience
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Andrew's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (6)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Andrew Simpier's full information you must be on Andrew's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Andrew is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Amy Babcock my 4th great grandma Born 1808 in Alburgh, Vermont. Married Samuel Gibbs January 10, 1825 my 4th great grandpa. Died April 8, 1862 in Bangor, New York.
- My great grandmother Lottie Pearl Barrett (Green) Gibbs born May 22, 1895-December 2, 1954 Married my great grandpa John Charles Gibbs November 27, 1913. She was adopted by her grandparents Norman Barrett and Charlotte Barrett. Her mother’s parents. Her father is William Charles Green & Evalina Barrett
- My great grandpa is (Gaetano) Thomas (Tom) Lewis born June 20, 1905 from Cobalt, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA. His father is Giuseppe “Joseph” born December 17, 1872 from Nicolosi, Catania, Sicilia, Italy. I have been working on my Distefano surname and have info that I can contribut to the surname from these regions.
- Looking for info/resources on my 5th great grandpa Jeremiah Gibbs born April 22, 1768-November 25, 1858. Married Deborah Covey 1807. She was born 1782 Alburgh,Vermont. Died 1850 Bangor, New York.
- William Charles Green is my great great grandfather born abt. 1858 in Dickenson, Franklin County, New York. He married my great great grandma Evalina Nora Barrett June 7, 1893 in Bombay, New York. She died young. Their daughter Lottie was raised by her parents Norman & Charlotte Barrett. We need more info/research for him as we don’t have his burial location etc. need help on his research. Died we believe June 25, 1901 Lafayette New York.
- Researching surname “Sekula” Seckla which is mentioned also on the Warsaw Ghetto Holocaust List. My great great grandfather is Andrew Seckla “Sekula” who came to America with his wife Mary “Novak” Seckla In 1905. His sister Veronica Sekula came to America in 1912 and married John “Krempa”
- Hello, My great grandpa is (Gaetano) Thomas (Tom) Lewis born June 20, 1905 from Cobalt, Middlesex, Connecticut, USA. His father is Giuseppe “Joseph” born December 17, 1872 from Nicolosi, Catania, Sicilia, Italy. I have been working on my Distefano surname and have info that I can contribut to the surname from these regions.
- Research purposes of my family in military and war
- Most of my lineage is from New York. I want to focus on Franklin, Saint Lawrence And Clinton Counties
- My great grandmother is Sarah Alice (Nissen) Simpier born August 31, 1881 (Winona, Minnesota) -June 26, 1920 (Tacoma, Washington). I am researching the Nissen surname and am at a dead end
- To help in the surname one name studies for “Gibbs”, “Race”, “Trombly”, “Nissen”, “ Simpier”, “Babcock” that I have started but need much help. Volunteers Welcome
- Researching my great great grandparents lineage. Andrew Seckla (Sekula) and Mary Novak. Emigrated to America in 1905. First living in New Jersey then Connecticut.
- Research those presidents we are directly or indirectly related to and help with project tasks
- I’m researching my French lineage with surnames Trombly, Simpier, Monette, etc. I would like to help in the Quebecois group. Thank you
- My great grandmother’s maiden surname. She is polish but we don’t know after her father Andrew Seckla who her grandparents are. Their is probably a variation of Seckla spelling Sekula
- Researching the surname Trombly and helping the Trombly name study with project tasks; etc.
- My 3rd great grandfather John C. Gibbs was in the civil war in the 106th New York infantry company H and was wounded at Monocacy Maryland on July 9, 1864. He also had two brothers James Walter Gibbs (60th New York Infantry company E) and George Washington Gibbs ( 96th New York company A) who enlisted in the civil war; also my 2nd great grandpa Joseph Simpier was in the civil war in 81 New York Infantry company F
- To research my New York Ancestry roots
- My Great uncle William “Bill” Lionel Gibbs served as a Private, Infantry, U.S. Army during World War II. He was a paratrooper 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment (PIR)17th Airborne Division Company F. He resided in Washington County, Vermont prior to the war.William was "Killed In Action" during World War 2 and was awarded the Purple Heart.Service # 31340274. He died January 4, 1945 in Mande-Saint-Etienne, Bertogne, Luxembourg, Belgium; “Battle of the Bulge” Read “The Sky Men” ch. 5
Andrew Simpier's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Andrew or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Andrew:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to Andrew. (Best for comments to Andrew that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about Andrew that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 14 Sep 2019 at 04:58 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 2 Aug 2019 at 05:49 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 31 Jul 2019 at 14:45 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 30 Jul 2019 at 22:01 GMT Robin Lee wrote:
On 3 Jul 2019 at 18:22 GMT Ben Treichel wrote:
On 1 Jul 2019 at 17:37 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 24 May 2019 at 14:52 GMT Maggie N. wrote:
On 11 Aug 2018 at 19:00 GMT Sara Mosher wrote:
On 18 Mar 2018 at 11:55 GMT Butch Smith wrote:
On 17 Mar 2018 at 14:48 GMT Lynn Wiggers wrote: