[private sister (1940s - unknown)], [private sister (1940s - unknown)], [private brother (1950s - unknown)] and [private sister (1950s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 23 Sep 2019
| Created 14 May 2018 | Last significant change: 21 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 568 times.
Born in Canada, now lives in the UK. Educated to post graduate level. Recently retired from a job as an IT Project Manager, which means more time for genealogy which I have been doing for about 20 years.
Maternal family was originally from Denmark.
Paternal family emigrated to Canada from Norfolk, England.
- First-hand information. Entered by Wendy Skillings at registration.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between AS and Wendy Taylor. Their most-recent common ancestors are AS’s parents, John Lange and Elna Lange. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: Parent/Child, based on sharing 3,433 cM across 74 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Maternal and paternal relationships are confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between JS and Wendy Taylor. Their most-recent common ancestors are their parents, Jim Skillings and AS. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: Full Sibling, based on sharing 2,389 cM across 68 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a GEDmatch test match between Wendy Taylor GEDmatch A204056 and her maternal first cousin Betty Nielsen GEDmatch T693033. Their most-recent common ancestors are their maternal grandparents John Lange and Elna Lange. Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 1.8, based on sharing 1126.1 cM across 45 segments.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Wendy's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
For access to Wendy Taylor's full information you must be on Wendy's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Wendy is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- My 3x great grandfather William Adams was born in Northamptonshire England and died in Blenheim, Oxford, Ontario, Canada
- To welcome new members and ensure they value WikiTree as much as I do.
- My maternal grandmother’s surname was Hansen, or Holm Hansen. She emigrated to Canada from Denmark. I am happy to collaborate with anyone researching the Hansen.
- Hewitt is my paternal grandmother’s name. Her ancestors emigrated to Canada from Norfolk, England. I am happy to collaborate with anyone researching Hewitts.
- My mother’s surname was Lange. Her parents emigrated to Canada from Denmark. I am happy to collaborate with anyone researching Langes.
- The Engel and Wintersteen branches of my tree arrived in New Jersey around 1730. Some of their descendants migrated to Canada.
- Skillings is my father’s surname. His ancestors emigrated to Canada from Norfolk, England. I am happy to collaborate with anyone researching Skillings.
- My 3x great grandmother Mary Webb was born in Compton Wynyates, Warwickshire, England and died in Blenheim, Oxford, Ontario, Canada
- My 5 x great grandfather was a a Wintersteen who emigrated from Germany to New Jersey. Some ancestors spell the name as Winterstein. I am happy to collaborate on Wintersteen.
- Zimmerman is my paternal great grandmother’s surname. Her ancestors emigrated to Canada from New Jersey, but we’re originally from Germany. Some ancestors modified the name to Simmerman. I am happy to collaborate with anyone researching Zimmermans.
Wendy Taylor's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Wendy or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Wendy:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to Wendy. (Best for comments to Wendy that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about Wendy that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 18 Sep 2019 at 20:08 GMT Michael McKinley wrote:
On 18 Sep 2019 at 19:33 GMT Chris (Kelly) Goodlad Mrs wrote:
On 18 Sep 2019 at 18:27 GMT Andres Laszlo Segal wrote:
On 16 Sep 2019 at 14:01 GMT Aileen Burrows wrote:
On 14 Sep 2019 at 03:58 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 10 Sep 2019 at 16:46 GMT William Duncan wrote:
On 27 Aug 2019 at 20:21 GMT Elizabeth Hamilton wrote:
On 27 Aug 2019 at 15:56 GMT Helen Dowd Bailey wrote:
On 2 Aug 2019 at 16:12 GMT Pip Sheppard wrote:
On 25 Jun 2019 at 13:56 GMT Maggie N. wrote: