- William Skipwith's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Sir William Skipwith, Baron of the Exchequer, b. circa 1325, d. 1366.
- Father William de Skipwith d. 1336
- Mother Margaret FitzSimon
- Sir William Skipwith, Baron of the Exchequer Baron of the Exchequer for Edward III. He married Alice de Hiltoft, daughter of Sir William de Hiltoft, Lord Ingoldmells and Alice de Muer. Sir William Skipwith, Baron of the Exchequer was born circa 1325 at of Skipwith, Lincolnshire, England. He died in 1366.
- Margaret Skipwith d. 1 Jul 1415
- Sir William Skipwith, Justice of the King's Bench
- John Skipwith, Esq., Sheriff of Lincolnshire+ d. 1422
- Patrick Skipwith
- Stephen Skipwith
- Sir William Skipwith, the second son, succeeded his elder brother in the estate a few months after his father died. Sir William was bred to the bar and attained great eminence. He was first chosen one of the king's serjeants, and in the 33rd of Edward III constituted one of the judges of the King's Bench. In three years afterwards, he was sworn in lord chief baron of the Exchequer, and he continued in that high judicial station until the 40th year of the same king, the time of his decease. His lordship married Alice, only daughter and heir of Sir William de Hiltoft, Lord of Ingoldmells, by Alice, his wife, sister and sole heir of Ralph de Muer, Lord of Calthorp and Covenham, in the county of Lincoln, and had issue, William, John, Patrick, Stephen, Alice, and Margaret. [John Burke & John Bernard Burke, Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Second Edition, Scott, Webster, & Geary, London, 1841, p. 487, Skipwith, of Newbold Hall
- Sir William DE SKIPWITH MP, KG, Knight was born about 1314 in Skipwith, Selby, East Riding Yorkshire, England and died after 1398. William married Alice HILTOFT circa 1354. Alice was born about 1333 in Hiltoft, Ingoldmells, Lincolnshire, England.
- This person was created through the import of Rodney Timbrook Ancestors and Relatives_2010-09-10.ged on 10 September 2010.
- WikiTree profile Skipwith-45 created through the import of FISCUS Family Tree.ged on Jun 6, 2011 by Liisa Small. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Liisa and others.
- This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- This person was created through the import of breesefam.ged on 09 May 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- WikiTree profile De Skipwith, Knight of the Bath-1 created through the import of The BTM Tree.ged on Jun 26, 2011 by Carolyn Trenholm. See the Skipwith, Knight of the Bath-1 Changes page for the details of edits by Carolyn and others.
- Source: S2375940657 Repository: #R2375940656 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members. Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Page: Ancestry Family Trees Note: Data: Text: http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=27624422&pid=336
- Repository: R2375940656 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com Note:
- Note: William De Skipwith, Knight of the Bath
- Note: William De Skipwith, Knight of the Bath
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Charles Foster : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M269, Ysearch 8KWPZ, FTDNA kit #330085
- Larry Foster : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup I-M223, Ysearch 3QJA9, FTDNA kit #284934
- Robert Foster : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup R-Z34614, FTDNA kit #31604
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 28 Nov 2013 at 16:06 GMT Michelle (Bairfield) Brooks wrote:
William is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 23 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.