Martha Small was born on 28 November 1753 in Scarborough, Maine.
She married Philemon Libby on 8 May 1772 in Scarborough. They lived there for a time before moving to Limington, Maine, around 1777. They were one of the first families to settle in the town. They had ten children, the first three in Scarborough and the rest in Limington:
1. Rufus, born 4 May 1773; married Dorcas Strout
2. Philemon, born 7 Jul 1775; married Liberty Norris
3. Eunice, born 2 Sept 1776; died 1782
4. James, born 11 Jan 1779; married Emma Chase
5. Abner, born 29 May 1781; married Olive Gray Chase
6. Martha, born 28 Aug 1783; married Isaac Mitchell
7. Eunice, born 13 Apr 1786; died 1787
8. Anna Small, born 29 Jan 1788; married David Otis
9. Dorothy, born 28 Jun 1791; married Francis Small
10. Eunice, born 4 Jul 1795; married Benjamin Tyler
Martha passed away on 27 August 1837 in Limerick, Maine.
↑ Taylor, Robert L. Early Families of Limington, Maine. Westminster, Maryland: Heritage Books, 2007. Page 177.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Martha by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Martha: